Magura

If you have had first hand experience of a supplier of any goods or services (NOT REAL ESTATE AGENTS) and wish to sing their praises please do so here, explaining why you would recommend them to others.

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Magura

Postby scot47 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 am

I went on a one-day excursion recently from Sofia to BELOGRADCHIK and MAGURA CAVE

I used Atlas-S

It was interesting. I was the only foreigner in a group of 60 Bulgarians. It was made clear to me at the beginning that no interpreting would be avialbale and I assured them that my Bulgarian was good enough to handle that.

For the price (32 leva plus entrance fees for Fortress and Cave) it was really good value.

They have a website where you can see other offers including short breaks in Istanbul (see other posts from leedarkwood) and Salonika ("SOLUN" na Bulgarski)

www.atlas-s.com
Last edited by scot47 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:48 am

Thinking recentlyabout Magura Cave, I am still astonished that such a magnificent place is so little known. Summer of 2010 I will definitely be headed there with my daughters.

rock_roland
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rock_roland » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Scot

Can you post or send some pics, please? :)

Roland

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Do not have any. I do not take or collect photos. I am sure that a google will reveal many of the MAGURA Cave system. Astonishing. Used as a hospital for chest, pulmonary disorders and allergies but now just a tourist attraction. It has been occupied for at least twelve thousand years. Truly spectacular. Near Belogradchik which is also worth a visit.

http://4coolpics.com/photo/MerryGuardia ... 43877.html

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 am

http://www.picturesofbulgaria.com/photo ... ml?id=2414

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magura_Cave

I have been accused of having some connection with the Travel Agent. I can assure you that I am a customer - that is all. My interest in "bumping" this post is to bring to the attention of readers the amazing Magura Cave System.

I am not one of those posters whose sole concern in life is in promoting their business interests and using this forum to do so.

For those who have no car, the only practical way to see Magura is with an organised group through a travel agent.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:02 am

I am hoping to show my two daughters the wonder of Magura Cave this summer. I remember during last year's hot spell, the only place I felt cool was in the depths of the Magura Cave System on a guided tour.

Has anyone else been to visit this magical place near Belogradchick and Vidin ?

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:57 am

Hi Scot

I will try to get this summer as it looks fascinating

Thanks

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:15 am

For the guided tour through Magura Caves make sure that you have good, sensible footwear. The paths are fine but can be a bit slippery. Next time I go I am going to take a stick ! A shepherd's crook rather than the white one !

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:16 pm

belogradchik@yahoogroups.com

is the group on Yahoo

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 am

If you can, visit the caves at Magura near Belogradchik. Astonishing is the adjective to use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magura_Cave

Return to “Recommendations & Testimonials”