Magura

If you have had first hand experience of a supplier of any goods or services (NOT REAL ESTATE AGENTS) and wish to sing their praises please do so here, explaining why you would recommend them to others.

Moderator: Moderator

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:48 am

Thanks for this scot. I will definitely arrange to visit.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:08 am

How was the wine??

Love caves...but lately I'm too lazy. But still too full of me to join an organized trip for tourists.

Thinking to go to instanbul before the ruski gonna blow it. It's almost 20 years as I visited it..
But too lazy to drive till there...

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Lots of buses from all over BG to Istanbul. Or the train. Get the sleeper and you arrive in the centre of Istanbul mid-morning.

To get back to the topic, MAGURA near Belogradchick is truly amazing. It is not well known even within Bulgaria. It was used in the past as a centre for the treatment of respiratory disorders, and was obviously an important part of Civil Defence planning in BG at the time of the Cold War.

I found a travel agent in Sofia that was offering day trips and I am pleased that I did it when I was still able to travel. Read up before you go - not forgetting the archaeology.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:25 pm

http://augustatrayanatravel.com/двудневни-екскурзии/

It is in Bulgarian as the target market is Bulgarian tourists. I went on a similar trip and it was great. Do not expect guides to speak English.

One place people should see is the Cave at Magura.

Return to “Recommendations & Testimonials”