Very Good Contact/Supplier/Installer of Pellet Boilers

If you have had first hand experience of a supplier of any goods or services (NOT REAL ESTATE AGENTS) and wish to sing their praises please do so here, explaining why you would recommend them to others.

Moderator: Moderator

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Very Good Contact/Supplier/Installer of Pellet Boilers

Postby brianj42 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:24 am

Hi All

I have noticed recently more and more people talking about heating systems, wood, lpg etc etc and there's a lot of questions about pellet boilers. I am chatting with a few people at the moment about the pro's and con's and prices, expectations etc.

We have a pellet boiler fitted in our house from 3 years ago, and its a large open space house. Having 3 years of history with the thing and helping with the install I can say that it is a simple system to install and run, especially as its controlled by a lounge thermostat. We've had 3 very snug and cost effective winters and I wouldn't have any other type of heating, not now or in the future. Locally I know of at least 4 expat hotels who have switched to pellets.

I'm not trying to sell it, I'm offering advice and a very good contact/supplier/installer. I rarely recommend people in this country, mainly as I haven't as yet found anyone to recommend, but thats a different story.

So. If you need advice on Pellet Boilers, and possibly a price to install with/without rads, let me know. Even if its just for comparative purposes.

The company is Erato who are the biggest importer/distributor in Bulgaria, and Protherm who are the installers, a spin off of Erato. They are the most knowledgable and honest team I have known to date, and as I said, I very rarely recommend anyone. Based in Sofia but the cover ALL of Bulgaria right across to the Black Sea.

Cheers

Brian

mafmeijer
<b>Property Management/Rentals</b>

Postby mafmeijer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 am

:roll: Dear Brian, thanks for the information. Q? - does your heating also burn normal wood and heat water for your radiators. I am looking for an energy efficient heating system for our house and confused with the choices. Any help is appreicated. The wooden pellets are sold by the ton. How long does a ton last.
Melissa

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 am

Hi Melissa

Ours only burns pellets but I do know you can get dual ones too. They are more expensive though. They do heat water for the home but mainly they heat the radiators for the central heating. How long they last depends on how big your house is, how many radiators you need, and how long you want it warm.

Our house has 16 rads and a 20kw boiler and we go through around 3/4 of a ton a month high winter, thats with the heating on in the morning and evening only.

A friend in Bansko who has just changed his oil boiler for pellet to heat 28 apartments is going through 2 tons a week, but it still works out half the price of oil and will pay for itself in one season.

I would say for an average house 3/4 to 1 ton a month.

Hope it helps

Brian

mafmeijer
<b>Property Management/Rentals</b>

Postby mafmeijer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks - now the difficult bit - How much does it cost? We need 18-20 radiators for 4 floors over a 250sqm house? Do you have any specific contact people?

Melissa

royalblew
Super User!
Super User!

Postby royalblew » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 am

Hello Brian I sent you a pm ages ago and got no reply,
how much would it cost to replace my existing wood burning stove (runs 7 radiators) to a pellet stove?
any information would be welcome thank you

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi Melissa and Royalblew

I have pm'd you Nasko's details so you can contact him direct. Give him a shout and see what he says. Armed with a quote you can then go find alternatives or other quotes.

As I mentioned in the pm. When we had the boiler fitted 3 years ago it was pre EU and mid construction explosion. Now, prices here have grown expotentially with actually very little reason.

Good Luck

Brian

alig
Super User!
Super User!

Boiler

Postby alig » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:34 am

Hi, can i ask, how much are the pellets, per ton, and where are they available? We are in the Dobrich area and would only have 10 rads.
Kind regards
Alig :D

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:44 am

Hi

All I can tell you is the Sofia to Bansko arena where they differ from 260lvs a ton (70 Bags) to 350lvs a ton and in high winter you'll probably need about 1.5 to 2 bags a day with that many rads. Chances are there is a supplier near you, most big plumbing and boiler supply shops like Erato are now stocking them.

I would suspect that there will be plenty of suppliers in the Varna area. Aim for the plumbing/boiler shops, the Biomass ones in particular. If you can manage to find a manufacturer, even better for price, and manufacturers are popping up all over the place at the moment. We had none in Razlog 2 years ago, now we have five.

Hope this helps

Brian

alig
Super User!
Super User!

wood pellets

Postby alig » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:49 am

:D Thanks Brian, will do some reserch.
Kind regards
Alig

VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:39 am

Hi,

We live in the Varna area and we have had our 25kw Dakon Dor pellet boiler running over the last 2 winters in our 2 storey 170m2 house and 10 radiators (2 of which are in bigger rooms and have power fans). The pellet burner heats the rads, but I think you could have a water boiler installed as well to heat your water.

I completely agree with Brian that it is a great system and we use it alongside our glass fronted log fire which heats our large open plan lounge and kitchen/dining area. We usually run the pellet boiler for 4-5 hours in the evening to heat the whole of the house in the winter months and sometimes all day over the Christmas period or if exceptionally cold. We have used 4 pallets in the 2 year period and have had a very comfortably warm house even when minus 16 outside. It has an automated feeder and hopper system so will run for a couple of days without needing topping up. It has an electronic ignite system so you don't have to light it. It is also a clean burn so virtually smokeless and the ash pan needs emptied only 2-3 times a week.

I can highly recommend the firm Erato and have a contact number for their main office in Haskavo. She speaks English and is very efficient in answering e-mails and has been very helpful to us. They also have an installation company in Varna who maintain and repair as well. You can order pallets of pellets, depending on the grade you want and Erato will deliver to Varna and you pay from Varna for transport to your destination. The holding company is Zizi on the road right behind Metro has a warehouse and transport to deliver onwards to your house.

When we first got the system our builder sourced the contractor 'Rusegas' based in Varna and we bought the system and paid for installation from them.....avoid them at all costs, as they had not a clue what they were doing and left us high and dry with the pellet boiler unfitted. (our builder installed all central heating pipes underfloor in the new build and fitted all radiators etc to a very high standard). I fortunately found Erato and they came and did the installation free as they were the main distributor and they knew we had lost a winter with the first firm 'Rusegas'.

I will take Brian's advice and try grade 2 pellets as they are cheaper and they are almost as efficient as the more expensive grade 1 (we paid 320 lev a pallet of grade 1) and around 60 lev delivery from Erato as they dropped it off on the way to Zizi in Varna.

If anyone wants contacts for Erato in Haskovo, or has any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Vicky

Return to “Recommendations & Testimonials”