Very Good Contact/Supplier/Installer of Pellet Boilers

If you have had first hand experience of a supplier of any goods or services (NOT REAL ESTATE AGENTS) and wish to sing their praises please do so here, explaining why you would recommend them to others.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:05 pm

To add to info from op.
Today met with a good pal(english speaking bulgarian), who is the buyer/agent for Erato pellet boilers. He is currently with reps from Bosch, here to negotiate sales. One of the problems ongoing is a FUTURE constant supply of the pellets, which he is trying to resolve.
Erato are producing a new range of pellet boilers, the installation of which attracts an "energy allowance" funded by the EU.

regards.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Supply of "good" pellets has always been a problem. Most of the best suppliers export to other EU countries (More profit) mainly Switzerland, France and Germany and as such they order hundreds of tons at a time. This then leaves smaller suppliers of which the grade is rather suspect (Grade is THE MOST important thing in a pellet boiler). Erato make their own pellets in Haskovo but back it up with extra from Balkonstroy in Razlog which they had to do last year due to lack of wood manufacturing.

Last year due to the sharp fall in wood products especially furniture the raw material (Offcuts and sawdust) was in such a short supply that they all started to make pellets out of bark, which actually makes the worst pellets you can buy. Balkonstroy stopped production in January due to no materials and it became very hard to find them.

The best pellets I have ever bought (No bark, all from the centre wood) in BG were Erato, then Balkonstroy, then a small Italian manufacturer in Razlog.

Moral of the story. Order early & collect it all. I have known suppliers to cancel orders and refund money to small orders if supplies are desperate and bigger orders are priority.

Remember....Cheap pellets may be a good idea and cost saving, but with most things in life you get what you pay for.....If you do buy cheap ensure they are of quality.

As for boilers. Italian ones are best, but Czech Republic are very close and you can buy direct from the factory (I have). In BG the boiler I wanted was €3000, straight from the Czech factory it was €1000.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Erato boilers blurb is now saying that the "new generation" boilers, give 91% efficiency burning cherry and olive stones as an alternative!

regards.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:37 pm

MOONLIGHT wrote:Erato boilers blurb is now saying that the "new generation" boilers, give 91% efficiency burning cherry and olive stones as an alternative!

regards.

They do, and better than wood pellets. Supply and cost is the issue on cherry and olive stones. We did manage to get a ton of cherry stones one year as we couldn't get wood and they worked very well but cost about an extra 30%.

Again, Erato seem to have cornered the most natural source from the fruit juice and oil manufacturers. Despite me offering one company an order for 300 tons of stones they turned me down......

PS: They are even selling pellets on Ebay as cat litter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-litre-Bag- ... 5ad46777d5

PPS: These people will deliver this boiler to BG for €100.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wood-Pellet-S ... 79152d6567

Stick in 5 rads and pipes yourself and you have central heating system for €2000

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
williamj
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Cherry stones etc

Postby williamj » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Brianj42

Regarding the supply of cherry stones etc have you tried the local distilleries as the mash which contains the stones from the fruit is normally discarded, just a thought.

regards

William

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Sorry William, I have just seen your post.

We have approached all the big drinks companies about surplus stones but the whole industry has been sewn up by Erato. But hey, thats life in the pip world.

On another note. I have just finished installing a Biomass boiler in brother in laws house and connected it a whole house underfloor heating system. Tested it last night as the chill factor kicked in.......lovely. No cold spots and the whole house whichever room you went in was lovely and warm and not a ghastly radiator in sight.

Never installed underfloor heating myself before but we did this one ourselves. So surprised how simple it was and did the whole house with the boiler for under £4,000.

I've also managed to find him a Uk supplier for the pellets at £200 a ton which should last him about 6 weeks. Not bad with rising gas and electric supplies.

One happy brother in law.

Return to “Recommendations & Testimonials”