my new windows in VT, and what beautiful work!

If you have had first hand experience of a supplier of any goods or services (NOT REAL ESTATE AGENTS) and wish to sing their praises please do so here, explaining why you would recommend them to others.

Moderator: Moderator

KandM
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

my new windows in VT, and what beautiful work!

Postby KandM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 am

Hi to all

Well we all know the sick feeling , when we live abroad being seen off by builders, either by bad workmanship or just being robbed from our hard earn,t cash. we been their belive me , ITS BAD enough when you live in the counrty , never mind living away, seems to make it worse if that is possible. :cry:

BUT HEY GUYS GOOD NEWS AND IF ANY ONE WANT,S TO PM ME , ONCE YOU SEEN MY PIC,S PLEASE DO SO AND I WILL GIVE YOU DETAILS WHO TO CONTACT.
:D

We bought a traditional house last April, and we decided to replace the windows, keeping as much as we can the style, after all , that is why we fell in love with the property and spent more then we planed too.
So we decided to opt for PVC, YES I KNOW , WANTED WOOD BUT , PVC LESS Maintenance LOL, also we wanted to change one of the windows , Into a PATIO one , again I was concerned that the charm of the house will slowly deminish , so to cut a long story short, as possible lol.

We have a Bulgarian friend who, recommended a company , AGAIN FRIEND OR NO FRIEND WE DECIDED WHAT THE HELL NEEDS TO BE DONE AND WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH :smt059 , THE SUPPLIER CAME TO OUR HOUSE IN APRIL, we decussed what we wanted and he gave us feed back in return , we felt happy to give this person the work.

When we came back to work in malta as at present we live here , we had our contract via email,
FOR 14 various size windows which one to be made into a patio version, making good of internal window sills, building plastering , converting internally and external wall of patio window conversation, plus cleaning after they had done the work, we were pleased the asking price was 3900 euro,s . THE MAKING OF THE WINDOWS TOOK 5 DAYS AND FITTING AND BUILDING WORKS DONE IN 10 DAYS, WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ASK FOR :roll:

But what joy when last night the pic,s came via email, for once I could not sleep for I could not get over what was sent , was far exceded our acceptations.

We be in VT, from 17th Sept til 30th sept on holiday so, if anyone wishes to view please do , text me on 0035699032690. And what is also comforting they speak good english :) .

I HAVE DECIDED TO SEND THIS POST FOR NO OTHER REASON, THEN IF ANYONE OUT THEIR HAS LOST FAITH, LIKE WE HAVE DONE THEIR IS GOOD BUILDERS OUT THERE, AND I WOULD LIKE TO THOSE THE PLEASURE IN GOOD WORK DONE WITH NO STRESS

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:40 am

great to hear good news about building works - your windows look grand!

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Looks like a great house too

KandM
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby KandM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks Mat, my dream house , could not afford it any where else, lol
thanks for your post too jinx57 , not bad work alot :D

Painter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Painter » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Posts like this are pure gold as they give people a real idea of what they should be paying and what they can expect.

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 am

Just wanted to add another good builder / prices story to this.

We had all the tiles lifted off a large roof, half a village school, relayed and the chimneys and valleys re-flashed plus one chimney rebuilt. We bought the materials, new ridge pieces and some tiles and metal, plus some cement. The work took four days, total cost of labour was 240 leva for one and a half men (i.e. six days work). He went on to replaster a wall and ceiling with clay mixes and lime, and lay a very decent tile floor, all at a set price of 40 leva a day all work completed in 3 extra days. It is a joy to find excellent craftsmen like this.

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 am

At the risk of them being poached before they've completely finished work, we have discovered some very good tradesmen in the Dupnitsa/Samokov area: A great plasterer/brickie. An excellent maker/fitter of UPVC windows. A yet-to-be proven "good" maker/installer of decorative security bars - watch this space, they're due to be installed this week.

Oh and a "brigade" of cheap and cheerful Roma builders who are fine - as long as you keep a close eye on what they're doing! They're enthusiastic, 100% honest and REAL grafters (often 12 hour days, 7 days a week) Their enthusiasm sometimes exceeds their skill but if you supervise them properly you can get a lot of work done very quickly. :lol:

I should add that none of them speaks English, although the plasterer does speak Greek as well as Bulgarian. :wink:

tracey1962
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby tracey1962 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:19 pm

looks a very good job , and what fast service! deff not everest lol , also it is very pleasing to see a good job done

KandM
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby KandM » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks TRACY,

Yes it was such a realif, to see what they did, after all our worries in the past with others, lol

miriam

Return to “Recommendations & Testimonials”