ANGLO-BULGARIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE PROTECTION Of DOGS

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sheffieldm
Super User!
Super User!

A.B.A.P.D

Postby sheffieldm » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:12 am

Due to circumstances beyond our control A.B.A.P.D.have had to reschedual our saturday book sale and table top to sunday 22 november same place and time this is for this month only The Little T Cafe will be open serving tea coffee and of caurse there bacan sandwhiches if you need further details you can reach me on 088 581 2272
margaret

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sheffieldm
Super User!
Super User!

A.B.A.P.D

Postby sheffieldm » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:56 pm

just a quick reminder we are holding our christmas fayre at slanchevo wendys and dave on the 13 december starting at 2 oclock and decembers book sale will be at madelins on december the 19

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
construction_help

Re: a,b.a.p.d

Postby construction_help » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:31 pm

sheffieldm wrote:when we closed the kennels in provardia for winter(they are not adaquate for a bulgarian winter) Ann decided it was time she let go of the helm of the association and let some new people with new idears steer A>B>A>P>D into 2010
since we have closed the kennels at the end of september 3 b***es have been spayed 2 dogs have been homed and the work gose on
the managment now consist of
margaret who has been on the team since day 1
marie who has been on board 3 months and geoff our first male and very welcomed team member,
Ann stays on as a foot soldier and of caurse keeps her vote
the new contact details are

Margaret 0885812272

Marie 0895167748

geoff 0895953140

What will happen to the dogs that need help over the winter as you have closed the kennels for the winter?

How come the kennels are not adequate for a winter, surly the money raised over the year could of made them adequate?

Where does all the money go from fund raising and donations is it just on the provodia dogs?

Also as there are not to many stray dogs that need spaying in provodia wouldn't it of been better to set some kind of kennels up which are adequate for the winter and the income from that could give the bulgarian dogs a better chance in life ie do a spaying system on the bulgarian houses as they are the ones that are dumping the puppies when there born?

I fully support these people who help the dogs as i have rescued 4 dogs and have 3 of them at my home and rehomed 1, but i just think the money from raisings/donations could be spent a little wiser.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:01 pm

I wouldn't begin to judge volunteers putting a lot of time and effort into something unless I was willing to go and do a better job myself. We can all criticize from the comfort of our armchairs.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SooToo

Postby SooToo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:08 pm

You're not likely to get any answers about how people's money is spent.

I don't understand why people still support them when there's never anything forthcoming from the charity apart from advertising their fund raising events. Never any thanks, no idea of the sums raised from the events etc etc but yet they still expect people to turn up and give money??

As far as I know they've spayed a few dogs in Provadia town (many more left to go though) apart from that haven't a clue. This is from at least 10,000 lev raised.

In all likliehood more has been done and surely if this is the case then the charity should be proud of it and announcing it all over the place, including the internet. They should be shouting from the rooftops "look this is what we've done" but they don't.

If you look back on this thread there's been doubts from 2 years ago about this charity and until they decide to publish some facts and figures there'll always be a cloud of suspicion hanging over them. If others are willing to give their money to this charity and not care how, on who or on what it's spent, then more fool them.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:25 am

If this charity could say where they are registered ( it doesn't come up as being registered in the U.K. ), with a link to the official registration, then people could see for themselves how much has been raised. I don't think this information will be forthcoming though. :roll:
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sheffieldm
Super User!
Super User!

a,b.a.p.d

Postby sheffieldm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:19 am

happy new every one we will be holding our table top sale and book sale in provardiya at bohemian resturant on saturday `16 january weather permitting looking forward to seeing every one again
usual time

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Rosa
Super User!
Super User!

Re: a,b.a.p.d

Postby Rosa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:55 am

sheffieldm wrote:happy new every one we will be holding our table top sale and book sale in provardiya at bohemian resturant on saturday `16 january weather permitting looking forward to seeing every one again
usual time

I must say yet another invitation to come and give money is a VERY ODD response indeed to the previous two posts on this thread!

I have been told by a person whom I trust that your organisation is a good thing, so please put everyone's minds at rest by showing your facts and figures a.s.a.p.!

Rosa

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Rosa,

You know us and we know you......catch you later in the year.

Well we support the charity and have no doubts or suspicions over the money raised and we are nobodies fool (believe me we have seen many scams and rip off merchants here over the past 3 years ).

There was an AGM open meeting last year where sceptics were invited to come forward and pitch any questions/doubts/concerns and also to inspect the books....(but only supporters turned up!! I wonder why? I believe there will be another one this year and it will be advertised for all to attend.

I can understand that the charity does not want to post such things on the forum because of the way it has all deteriorated in this thread. It still restricts to allowing those who can practically attend any open meeting, but that decision was made by the charity at the time.

All I can say is if you read back, they do state the charity number (it was registered in Varna) and what their aims and goals are and the mod obviously still allows the charity to promote forthcoming events.

Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Oh and Mags...

See you at Madeline's for the table sale at 11am ish, hope the weather holds.

Vicky

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”