ANGLO-BULGARIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE PROTECTION Of DOGS

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Registered Charity Number 148137127

Anyone could find the register number if they had taken the time to click onto the website, its in plain view for everyone to see. Some people just like to nitpick and cause trouble. I think that you are all doing a great job so keep it up. Good Luck with the table top, hope you raise lots of cash.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:15 pm

bullador wrote:Registered Charity Number 148137127

Anyone could find the register number if they had taken the time to click onto the website, its in plain view for everyone to see..

What use is a charity number if no-one can access the official office of registration ???? Can you supply a link to the governing body in Varna which deals with the registrations ? With access to this information, people would be able to see the accounts ( which is what these sites are for ! ).
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

following on vickyc post

"There was an AGM open meeting last year where sceptics were invited to come forward and pitch any questions/doubts/concerns and also to inspect the books....(but only supporters turned up!! I wonder why? "

i was amazed at that meeting that NOT ONE of the people that were shouting it down turned up......the books /accounts were there for anyone to inspect........

as vickyc says ...I wonder why ... !!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:26 pm

This is the web-site for Bulgarian "charities", though they use the term "organisation with non-profit aims".

http://www.mjeli.government.bg/ngo/

I can't find ABAPD there either in Cyrillic or English. It was the same when I looked a year or two ago. Entering "dogs" in Bulgarian throws up 78 entries along the lines of hunting, fishing, animal rights and various dog breeds but nothing remotely resembling ABAPD as far as my tired eyes can see.

That said, I wouldn't expect an organisation of this size to be economically able to bear the expense of operating as a registered charity. They do seem to use that "banner" though. If the association is actually on the register a correction from them would be welcomed. If not, fine, and I'm sure they're very worthy individuals and all the better for devoting their resources to dogs rather than lawyers and accountants.

Even Bulgarians of goodwill seem to be rather perplexed. On this forum a poster ventures the opinion that the British operate "in their own closed circle".

http://forum.dog.bg/Ae-t24996.html

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 pm

VickyC wrote:Hi Rosa,

You know us and we know you......catch you later in the year.

Vicky

Is that a threat ? 8O This is probably why no-one turns up to the meetings and asks questions. They are probably worried about being set-upon by the fundraising ' cliche'.
Then there's many ( like me ) who don't have a place near Provadia and don't live full-time in Bg.
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 pm

gimlet wrote:This is the web-site for Bulgarian "charities", though they use the term "organisation with non-profit aims".

http://www.mjeli.government.bg/ngo/

I can't find ABAPD there either in Cyrillic or English. It was the same when I looked a year or two ago. Entering "dogs" in Bulgarian throws up 78 entries along the lines of hunting, fishing, animal rights and various dog breeds but nothing remotely resembling ABAPD as far as my tired eyes can see.

So, can we have the internet link to the official registration ? Anyone ?
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Rosa
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Rosa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:36 pm

tandt wrote:
VickyC wrote:Hi Rosa,

You know us and we know you......catch you later in the year.

Vicky

Is that a threat ? 8O This is probably why no-one turns up to the meetings and asks questions. They are probably worried about being set-upon by the fundraising ' cliche'.
Then there's many ( like me ) who don't have a place near Provadia and don't live full-time in Bg.
Trev.

I can answer on Vicky's behalf that the above was not a threat, it was a friendly greeting to me personally! We know each other and usually spend some time together with Vicky and Malky when I and my other half are in BG.

I do hope that the doggy organisation can carry on with introducing kinder habits to the Bulgarians regarding animals, AND will hurry up and answer satisfactorily all the questions asked on this forum about its affairs! It is in the best interests of the organisation - surely?

Rosa :bear: :bear: :smt117

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Rosa wrote

I do hope that the doggy organisation can carry on with introducing kinder habits to the Bulgarians regarding animals, AND will hurry up and answer satisfactorily all the questions asked on this forum about its affairs! It is in the best interests of the organisation - surely?

Could`nt agree more!

We (me n the dog) went to one of thier events last summer at Vicky n Malkys hoose, it was a great afternoon, friendly people and a fun day for all two, and four legged visitors!

Stewarty

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:07 pm

German-Bulgarian Animal Aid from Dobrich are in there. You'll see the sort of thing that appears on the register.

http://www.mjeli.government.bg/ngo/comp ... px?ID=1562

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Malky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malky » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 pm

As most users over the last 5 years (come March) will know, I don't post often, so here goes.

Ok what the hell is up with Brits that they have to squabble wherever they go in the world?

Seems some people are hell bent on trying to bring down anything and everything and don't have trust in anything. Get a life!

Knowing the originators of the charity, I also know that they would rather not get into any 'nitpicking' as was a smartly chosen word from bullador on this topic. Every time they have responded it has been ripped to bits by people that don't even ask the persons involved personally. Indeed some of them walk past them in the street and don't say a word.

If you have something to say, say it personally and you will get an answer, or if you are too far away, there is a telephone number to contact Ann or John on the website, where they would be happy to answer any queries and supply any information requested. That was a quote from John himself tonight. ALSO, the charity is definitely registerd in Varna, I know how long and how much hassle it took to get it. No thanks forwarded to them for that after many trips back and forward?

TANDT: I have never in my life heard of any company, charitable or whatever, posting accounts on a forum, so what are you asking.

The charity are currently running on a free website (if you look at the domain name) and do not have the expertise to post whatever they want. They are basically good natured people with their hearts in the right place and try their best. Posting accounts would be a no-no. Also, they have no clue as to SEO (look it up) to promote the site, so hence the reason they do not appear on search engines.

GIMLET: Yes, you are right. Brits operate "in their own closed circle". But not them all. Some of us are trusting and get on great with everyone, but there are always those who are in the circle willing to stir sh!t. Therefore you end up with what happens all over the world with brits, bickering and many smaller circles until you end up where you are your own circle. Lighten up!

People on this forum have disollusioned a great older couple who were trying their best to help the dogs in Bulgaria and some of you have taken their dream away. They relinquished the helm for the charity and placed it in the hands of the volunteers who have been handling things since. Fair enough, they may take a little time to re-adjust, but they do sterling work. Please continue to support them!

As for Ann and John, they have a lot more time on their hands and are trying to get used to it. How would you feel if your main aim in life got scuppered by 'nitpicking'?

Incidentally, the phone number is 08868 70016 and the website address is http://www.freewebs.com/anglo-bulgariandogs/index.htm

Thanks for your time, if you read this far, it's past my bedtime.

Best for 2010 and please, CHILL! Life is easy if you want it to be.

Malky

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”