ANGLO-BULGARIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE PROTECTION Of DOGS

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Now, if there's anyone who knows what they're talking about as in BG law at the moment in this area, any posts would be welcome.

Well there's always this for a start:-
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... highlight=

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
The Bulgarian Center for Not-For-Profit Law (BCNL) has an excellent site in English here

http://www.bcnl.org/pageen2.php?p2=19&sp2=76

There doesn't seem to be any Bulgarian nationality requirement to establish a not for profit organisation in BG. The number of people you need is given in the site.

Your lawyer will be able to tell you whether you need a permit under the folowing Ordinance (I know of no express EC Treaty right to go to another country and set up a charity type organisation):-

ORDINANCE № 1 OF AUGUST 15, 2002 FOR THE CONDITIONS AND THE ORDER OF ISSUING PERMITS FOR CARRYING OUT NON-PROFIT ACTIVITY BY FOREIGNERS IN THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA

That's on the site as well.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Malky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malky » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:47 pm

gimlet: I trust you are not stupid, considering your links etc, but what part of the previous posts don't you get?

I have expressed the Charity's willingness to publish these details, I have also asked on this forum if anyone could find a Nation Register for such things with no response, what is your problem? Maybe it's me, but I cannot find a link to a National Register on the supplied link.

You know nothing about the area, nothing about the people here and seem determined to keep a bad seed growing that was sown by sad b*ggers living locally posting on this site who obviously fell out with the founders.

No wonder every country in the world has a thing against English!

I don't have to post here, but I am sick and tired of ignorant people picking on older ignorant people. As I said in previous posts (maybe your scroll wheel doean't work on the mouse?) they are prepared to comply with any legisalation required. They don't know what law changes from day to day, which goes for the rest of us here. That also includes customs officials/police etc, so what chance have we got?

Chill.

Malky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

A.B.A.P.D Annual Novelty Dog Show

Postby VickyC » Tue May 18, 2010 11:37 am

The Annual Novelty Dog Show is on Sunday 6th June at our place in Petrov Dol near Provadia. It opens at 1pm for registration of classes and start at 2pm prompt. There are 10 classes and a scurry and its all for fun. There will be a bar and soft drinks and Andy's Bar-B-Q with all the usual goodies available. Please feel free to come along, even if you don't bring a dog, for a great day out.

Anyone wanting to ask any questions regarding any of this previous thread, please contact Ann directly and she will answer them 08868 70016

Please see the website news section on the www link below for full details of classes and for directions follow signs from village crossroads at Petrov Dol.

Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Mon May 31, 2010 8:00 am

To anyone coming to the Dog Show, please can you bring along chairs(folding or otherwise) if possible as well as an umburella (any kind of table would be very helpul too) We only have so many and expect a big turn out this year, if last year was anything to go by.

Thanks

Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
itisus

Postby itisus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:04 pm

To those who have and still are supporting The Anglo Bulgarian Association for the Protection of Dogs. As of the first of October this year Marie and Geoff would like to inform everyone that we no longer have anything to do with the A.B.A.P.D. Due to the fact that we were not happy with the way it was being run by Ann Curry. Over the past few months Geoff and I have managed to obtain some of the monies donated to keep the kennels operating. We found out this weekend that Ann has closed the A.B.A.P.D. without letting us know first. She also stated that she is donating the remainder of the money collected to another animal sanctuary. We do not feel this is right as the volunteers that worked to collect the money and the people that very kindly attended our book sales etc. did so on the assumption the money was to be used for dogs in the Provadiya area.

Geoff and I are in the process of setting up our own foundation to carry on the work. We have a meeting with the Mayor on Friday to discuss next years plans. We are still out everyday working collecting dogs. You can see what we do at http://www.dogsrus.name we used that name because it was easy to remember, we hope. Please appreciate that the website will need updating as the closure of the society by Ann came as a surprise to us.

The next book sale is at the Bohemia Restaurant. Provadiya at 11.00 a.m. on the 16th of October. We will be running the second hand book stall. We will have the accounts with us at every sale and records of the work we have done since Geoff and I took over the running.

Thank you everyone. Marie and Geoff.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Marie and Geoff.

For you to not turn your back on the problem and in fact embrace it shows what a kind couple you are, I'm sure the dogs you save would be happy with this. Many people would wash their hands at that point.

I really do wish you the best of luck in the future and if there's any way I can help then please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Brian :)

PS: Good luck to Ann in whatever she chooses to do. Sometimes I do understand that running such charities and dealing with the Bulgarian type problems can take it out of you mentally, physically and spiritually.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
itisus

Postby itisus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 am

Thank you Brian for your kind words. They are much appreciated. And we caught another dog this morning so one less to father puppies after the op.

Marie and Geoff

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Yr-Tribune

Postby Yr-Tribune » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:15 am

This latest information shows what a "fiction" it was when it was stated some many months ago that Ann Curry had handed over ALL running of the (so-called) "Charity" and no long had ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.

So to now find out that this is not the case again highlights what a charade it has been.

It now begs the question though, why is money being transferred to another organisation (again allegedly) and will it be a "transparent" transfer. Also will it ever be known how much was transferred. And lastly why was it decided by the person who has NOTHING to do with the running of the ABAPD to do it, was it a unilateral decision?

Maybe the other organisation is the new Ann Curry "charity" as by her own admission she has done this numerous times historically.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:31 am

Interesting first post :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
itisus

Postby itisus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:43 am

Hello Yr-Tribune

The decision to give the funds to another organization was made by Ann Curry without our knowledge. I can assure you we are in no way connected with Ann Curry now. We are starting out on our own. As I stated before you are welcome to come to any of the book sales where the account book will be avilable each time for anyone to see. Along with the Mayors register of dogs that have been spayed/neutered treated or rehomed. We are now also keeping these records so that the Mayor can see what we are doing or anyone else that cares to take a look.
Thank you for your observations.

Marie and Geoff

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”