Desperate for Help - 4 British Kids Shivering Yambol Area

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tomkin

Desperate for Help - 4 British Kids Shivering Yambol Area

Postby tomkin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi All

Help needed for a lone father left in Bulgaria with 4 children. Their house is not completed and there is snow on the floor inside the house. This person intends to return to the UK in a few weeks but in the meantime is there anyone with a second property in the Yambol area capable of giving the children some shelter from the elements.

This would have to be a goodwill gesture as the family have no money to spare. The children are aged between around 3 and 11

I dont intend to discuss this in more detail in the open forum but can give more details via pm

Thanks for reading
Tomkin

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gremlinuk
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby gremlinuk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Last edited by gremlinuk on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Wish I could help, but I am nowhere near Yambol, I'm afraid. As gremlin has said, this appears to be a very dire situation, and I sincerely hope that someone can come forward and offer this family some shelter.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
willum

Postby willum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Why dosnt he return to Uk now

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gremlinuk
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby gremlinuk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Last edited by gremlinuk on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
willum

Postby willum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:44 pm

HI gremlnuk I wasnt been nasty but I thought that would have been the best solution but then I dont know all the facts so if there is anyone out
there who can help please do

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cmcnab
Super User!
Super User!
Location: Stenhousemuir,Scotland Omarchevo,Nova Zagora,Bulgaria

Postby cmcnab » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:52 pm

I've been sitting, watching to see responses to this situation.....
I'm struggling to understand how anyone can be in this situation.
Do they have some kind of heating that's been keeping them warm so far? I know it's cold around Yambol and everywhere else over there right now and due to get a lot colder over the next week or so, it's already been cold long before now, it was -5 the morning I left for Scotland at the start of November.
Why is there snow getting in? Doesn't that mean that every time it's rained, there's been rain getting in too?
I had to buy polythene sheeting before I left to protect part of our house over the winter while we're not there. Wouldn't it be easier to make temporary repairs to a leaking roof than to uproot these kids?
???
C
I do hope someone will be able to help them in this situation, just seems wrong to get to the middle of December without taking steps to avoid it
Last edited by cmcnab on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gremlinuk
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby gremlinuk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Last edited by gremlinuk on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tomkin

Postby tomkin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi All

Glad to see the level of support this is generating. I dont think we need to dwell too much on how this has happened and hopefully there will be some options that i can put forward by tomorrow. PMs are starting to come in with offers of support in various forms. Thanks to everyone for their concern

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tomkin

Postby tomkin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:32 am

Hi All

Offers are coming in regarding assistance to return to the UK but still looking for some suitable accommodation in the Yambol area to keep the kids warm until something can be arranged for the return.

If anyone from the dog rescue societies reads this there are 2 dogs involved as well. We already have a number of rescue dogs draining our resources here at Kazic Kennels. If anyone can help in this area it would also take a big worry away from this family.

Thank you for your interest.

Tomkin

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”