Desperate for Help - 4 British Kids Shivering Yambol Area

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tomkin

Paypal Donate

Postby tomkin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi All

Firstly a big thanks to everyone who offered accommodation. This has now been sorted and they will be warm tonight. The father is overwhelmed by the response and wants me to thank you all. A special thankyou to Tracy for the use of the house

He would like to get his children back to the UK as soon as poss. I have now put a donate button on my website. This can be found at www.kazickennels.com/contact.html It is the only donate button anywhere on the site but does not detail what it is for. I have put it on this page so that anyone who wishes to can take the details from the page and contact me directly. This has already kicked off with 3 pledges.

A word about Paypal. You do not need a Paypal Account to pay via Paypal. Most credit/debit cards are accepted. The money will go into my business Paypal account Speedytv. Anyone donating who wishes to request an electronic record of the fund is welcome to do so. I will initially keep the button there for 48 hours

There is also a cash collection point at Elaines shop as posted earlier

I will update regularly on this thread while the appeal is running. Please also bear in mind that there are 2 dogs

What a great bunch of people you are

Kind Regards
Eric

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tracyy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby tracyy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:04 pm

At the moment we are trying to get together some practical help, anybody who can help please pm me and we can co-ordinate, I know the weather doesn't help but we can all do our best to make sure they are all warm and safe.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tomkin

Postby tomkin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi All

Dog walking duties call. I intend to acknowledge all donations via email but it may now be an hour or 2 before you hear from me.

Kind Regards
Eric

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 pm

I take it the dogs don't have passports or rabies tests? What do the family want to do about them? Get them back to the UK, or rehouse for good here. Is there any possiblity they will return to Bulgaria to live in future or is this for good? All questions that need to be answered before the dogs can be sorted, although I suspect that won't be easy most of us are full...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

I think the dogs referred to are Tomkin's and have nothing to do with the request for help. I only surmise this because Tomkin's business is running kennels.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:56 pm

tomkin wrote:Hi All

Offers are coming in regarding assistance to return to the UK but still looking for some suitable accommodation in the Yambol area to keep the kids warm until something can be arranged for the return.

If anyone from the dog rescue societies reads this there are 2 dogs involved as well. We already have a number of rescue dogs draining our resources here at Kazic Kennels. If anyone can help in this area it would also take a big worry away from this family.

Thank you for your interest.

Tomkin

Scot47, Leedarkwood was referring to the family's dogs as per Tomkin's post above, and not Tomkin's own dogs or ones he has in his kennels at the present time! :wink:

Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tomkin

Donations and Dogs

Postby tomkin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi All

At least one of the dogs has a passport because it was one of 5 puppies we rescued and rehomed this year. However to the best of my knowledge the dogs are not bloodtested and will not be returning to the UK. The return of the family to the UK will be long-term.

The effort has moved away from getting the kids into some shelter (done!) and into getting them back to the UK as soon as possible. There is a link to a donation button earlier in the thread. Some people have used it already so a big thank you. More donations will be needed to accomplish what we need to accomplish.

Tracyy posted earlier in the thread to say she is coordinating an effort to provide the practical things the family needs in the short term and I am sure she will post specific requirements if known although I imagine it is clothing, food etc

There is a collection point for money and I assume goods at Elaines clothes shop in Yambol again posted earlier in the thread

I intend to leave the donation button up and riunning for 48 hours initially but will extend if necessary but in any case I will post an account on this thread at that point

Thank you for your interest and for caring

Eric

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Sorry - I did not read all the thread. I hope it all works out.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
trajo
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

donations

Postby trajo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 pm

we have spoken to Tracyy and the family needs bedding blankets kids clothes.groceries toys .if any body from the bourgas region wishes to donate anything.the collection point will be at the london pub in bourgas tomorrow till 4pm.thanks in advance

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:55 pm

My heart goes out to this family, I hope that everything gets sorted out and he gets his children home in time for a decent warm christmas. Good luck.

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”