live country and western at Borovets bar nr VARNA

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:00 pm

MOD wrote:The BSAPP (Bulgarian Society For Animal Protection and Preservation) is discussed widely elsewhere on these forums, if you care to search...

:wink: 8)

And Bonzo the Borovets dog? Hey, if you want mine or anyone else's Dollar then, at least post the link to the charities for us that might be a wee bit once bitten twice shy doubtful folk.

Norman-D-Beeches
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Norman-D-Beeches » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:29 am

hi, joss.

i think what you are suggesting, and planning on doing is a great idea. and wolf, you seem to be missing the point completely.

we always carry a large bag of dog food in the back of our car. we don't go out looking for them but, whenever we see strays, we stop and put food out for them. quite often their fear of people is so great that will simply run, but some hang around and watch, and come to the food when we drive away.

a few have become 'regulars', and when they hear the sound of our car, will come running. it takes time, but many will even stay close enough to be petted, while they eat. so then, you are able to apply advantix.

i suppose, if we were to rationalise, we would say that we really can't afford to do this; but our feeling is that what we provide may be the only decent meal that any of these dogs will get in their lives. surely, it's the very least we can do.

the idea of bringing a few like-minded people together for a bit of a party, in the hope that they might help with a contribution to help defray the cost of all this is is just fine.

so wolf, i really don't see joss taking off to the bahamas on the proceeds of a scam. brits get together for a bit of fun, anyway, and it would be nice to think that a few stray dogs might benefit from it.

we live nowhere near borovets, i'm afraid, but, joss, we wish you every success with the bonzo bash.

Norman D and Mrs Beeches.

:D

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:07 am

I think we are drifting away from the original post here. Joss isn't asking for a handout or even a donation. She is holding a BOOK SALE and so the aim is that you go home with a book and the dogs go home with flea and tick treatment. You can also buy food, but that is up to you. What you don't eat will go to the dogs! :lol: [/u]

Norman-D-Beeches
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Norman-D-Beeches » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:23 am

i guess my powers of comprehension must be failing.

so there won't be salads? i don't know about bonzo, but the dogs around here are not too keen on cucumber and onion.

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:42 pm

http://www.freewebs.com/bsapp/ They have been doing great work for many years.

Thanks lyn and norman for the support

Moscow-wolf - I understand why people are wary of giving money if they don't know where it's going, but your level of cynicism is beyond belief. I feed the dogs, frontline them and would like to spay them if I had the money, but sadly I don't.

I have taken in 8 street dogs and 3 cats over the years that I've lived here, and paid for all their food and medical treatment myself, and I know many others have done the same. If you don't want to pay for the animals you've adopted, maybe you should have left them on the street? I'm just trying to raise some money to help the dogs I can't bring home, although the majority of the money will go to BSAPP. Everyone else has been very supportive(the ones who know me and what I do). Hopefully they will be the ones who come to support the event because they are the people I like to see.

On the sale day there will be collection boxes for BSAPP and the local dogs, people can give to either or none, as they choose.

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Norman Yes there will be salads :D

riteofpassage

Postby riteofpassage » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Yanko said he would let Sue use his BBQ grill, no problem. He also added that he'd just cleaned it nicely.

P.S. Hope this my post qualifies as 'organisational', Mr Bond?

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Don't push your luck girlie, the mods are hard you know

xx

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:23 pm

riteofpassage wrote:Yanko said he would let Sue use his BBQ grill, no problem. He also added that he'd just cleaned it nicely.

P.S. Hope this my post qualifies as 'organisational', Mr Bond?

It does indeed - which is why it shouldn't be on this topic but put in a PM (Private Message) to Joss instead! :roll: The ordinary member doesn't need to read about the background nitty gritty of organising the event... 8O

Mod 8)

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Good luck there Joss hope it all goes well - especially the quiz and all? :D

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”