JANE TOMLINSON APPEAL BIKE RIDE THROUGH BULGARIA.

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

JANE TOMLINSON APPEAL BIKE RIDE THROUGH BULGARIA.

Postby bagpuss » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:09 am

Howdy folks,
This morning in the Uk at 11am (UK time) there will be an announcement that Jane Tomlinsons Husband and two children plan to cycle from Istanbul to Leeds on a fundraiser in August
The route will pass through Bulgaria to Romania and the Tomlinsons will cycle around 90 miles a day, so at some point will be stopping in Bulgaria, maybe near you, but I am sure they will be many British and Bulgarians hopefully on the route cheering them on and lending their support to this event.
Regards
B.

More about Jane Tomlinson and fundraising here:
http://www.janetomlinsonappeal.com/
Mod 8)
Last edited by bagpuss on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Keegan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Keegan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 am

Good luck to them, she was a very brave lady.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:26 am

From the website:

On July 25th, Mike and Rebecca Tomlinson will set off on the Jane Tomlinson Appeal's latest challenge.

Together with a team of fellow cyclists they will set off on a 2,500 mile bike ride from Istanbul to Leeds.

The Tomlinson family will be joined by family and friends who will also take on the challenge of travelling through 12 countries over 5 weeks.

As they travel across Europe you will be able to watch their progress through daily blogs and the latest pictures.

The Appeal to date has raised £3million for children's and cancer charities nationwide. Through this event and with your support we hope to get one step closure to the new fundraising target of £5million.

:wink: 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
PJM

mike tomlinson bike ride

Postby PJM » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:20 pm

we will be there to cheer them on hold your heads up friends if you live on the route lets show our apprecation of the ride and give them a good hand on the way throw bulgaria from south to the north and i am sure we can help if its needed
pjm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ianvee

Postby ianvee » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 am

Hi All

I NEED HELP PLEASE -

I have been asked by the organisers of this fantastic event to assist with possible accommodation enroute in Bulgaria. I am truly honoured to do this so I appeal to all of you on MyBG to help too.

I need to source accommodation in the following areas for the dates indicated.

Malko Tarnovo - 27th July;
Burgas - 28th July;
Sliven - 29th July;
Pleven - 1st August.

At this moment in time we are looking for camping possibilities unless any of you wonderful people have bricks and mortar accommodation you would like to offer.

I am unable to give you numbers so this is a tall order really but an indication of possibilities would be brilliant. Please be aware that there will be the need for space for bicycles and maybe 1 or 2 support vehicles.

Please feel free to either PM me or post here.

Many many thanks in advance.

Regards

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ianvee

Postby ianvee » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:27 am

Hi again

Sorry Bagpuss, where are my manners......did not mean to take over your post....Please do not be offended that I used YOUR original thread to post for my appeal for help.....but I am sure you will understand that this is THE thread to post it.

Thankyou

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

Europe bike ride

Postby bagpuss » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:57 pm

No problem what so ever Ianvee, Its all in a good cause.
I am a little disapointed we arrive a fewdays after the cycle ride has left Bulgaria as we for sure would be cheering them on.
One good thing is that we can watch the bike ride through Turkey & Bulgaria on the local tv before we come over and spot some of the faces in the crowd.
Cheers
B.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ianvee

Postby ianvee » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:51 am

OH THANKS MOD AND BAGPUSS for putting on the IT'S SUNDAY THREAD

Come on anyone....still hoping for some suggestions/offers please.

Many thanks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevo1954

Jane Tomlinson Charity Bike ride help needed urgently

Postby stevo1954 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi All,
Just a quick one from me.
A charity dear to my heart is doing a bike ride from Istanbul to Leeds in July and has put out an appeal for accommodation for it’s leg through Bulgaria.
They want an area to set up camp (at the very least) for the party of riders and the support team. The link about the ride is http://www.istanbultoleeds.co.uk/

The areas and dates are as follows :-

TUES 27/07 MALKO TARNOVO
WED 28/07 BURGAS
THURS 29/07 SLIVEN
SUN 01/08 PLEVEN

I have offered my house and garden for the Burgas leg, but aren’t sure if it’s location is suitable, and am waiting for confirmation.
If anyone can help, or would like to make a donation, please let me know and I will pass on your details, or contact the Jane Tomlinson appeal directly at http://www.janetomlinsonappeal.com/

For anyone that has been touched by Cancer, as our family has, this is a really worthy cause. I had the pleasure to meet Jane when I used to ride in the GMSR Great Milk Stout Ride cycle event every year in Pateley Bridge for Macmillan Nurses.
For my friends in the media, any help or publicity you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking time to read this appeal.

Martin x

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”