dog rescue Yambol

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

tinkerbb2
Super User!
Super User!

dog rescue

Postby tinkerbb2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Sorry only just received your pm, the number for the shelter is 0878642192,Ivan, he doesn't speak much english so a Bulgarian friend will come in handy. Also the vet clinic M and b will usually help 046 661 929, maria or Yanko, they both speak english.
Thank you for thinking about the shelter I do hope you find another dog , their life there is pretty miserable.

susiebes

Postby susiebes » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi thank you for the reply.
I dont need a translater, I just need to know if there are any small dogs as I know the whole trip there will be very emotional, I am still very raw atm, I understand it is difficult as Ivan doesn't show up and you are left hanging about for nothing? this is not good either as I will be coming by cab. Could you please ask Gillian if there are any small dogs needing homing..thanks again.

tinkerbb2
Super User!
Super User!

dog rescue Yambol

Postby tinkerbb2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:38 pm

hi Susie

Ivan has always shown up when we have gone, I know other people have had a problem sometimes if he has had to go out for an emergency. The dogs there change on a daily basis so you need to call them or Maria/yanko for an update. If they know you want a little dog they will usually contact you if they haven't got one in at the time.
Jillian is my sister by the way.
I have no credit on my phone at the moment or would call for you, I will put a message on Maria's skype though.

susiebes

Postby susiebes » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi again, have just spoken to Ivan and explained exactly what I'm looking for he says he has quite a few small ones, so have arranged that when I next go to Yambol, probably Monday, just to give him a call and he will meet me. He was very friendly and flexible about the arrangment...fingers crossed a dog will be moving in with me for that much needed tlc :)
No need tp put me in contact with Maria, thanks for your help..
Just one thing will I have to go thru tons of protocal, or just take the dog home?
Thanks..

elaine48
Super User!
Super User!

Postby elaine48 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi susana. All you have to do is give name and address details and Ivan completes a simple form. No money changes hands. Think he may need your ID card or passport. Best of luck on Monday.

susiebes

Postby susiebes » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:30 pm

That's great then! thanks for all the help and I hope there is a little soulmate for Trinity waiting for us :wink:
Susana.

tinkerbb2
Super User!
Super User!

dog rescue Yambol

Postby tinkerbb2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi susie
You will also get a passport and micro-chip, the dog will have had some vaccinations, this is all free. Hrisi1804, who works with the shelter , I contacted her for you and she confirms that they have some little ones, she also knows of a couple of others, hopefully a very lucky dog will find you.

tinkerbb2
Super User!
Super User!

dog rescue Yambol

Postby tinkerbb2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Forgot to add, the micro-chip and passport are done at the vets, so you have a slightly hair raising drive, following Ivan to the vets (M and B, in Yambol)

Nurseracer

Postby Nurseracer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Susi, If you know what time you are going to go to the shelter via cab on Monday after coordinating with Ivan I could meet you at the shelter and take you to the clinic to get all jabs, paperwork, passport completed if this will help get another little tyke in a forever home. I life about 40 minutes away, but no prob if it helps.
Thanks for considering adopting from the shelter..

susiebes

Postby susiebes » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi again,
Thank you for all your help, and your offer to meet up nurseracer is very kind, I have been informed today that they will be coming round to my village Mon and Tues re the census so I am unable to specify any date or time at present.
Trinity also has to has to have a small operation next week, so have decided to wait a week or so until she has fully recovered from that before I introduce a new dog to her.
Susana :)

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”