Time to make a difference.

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Lee, would you happen to know how I would go about finding out who the relevant folks are in my area, Dobrich? Do these folks all know each other and could your folks tell me who my folks are?

Cheers

BGCarl

(I'll all leave the speculation about the Peace Corps good/bad to others, I'd rather do something.)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scubawitherica

Postby scubawitherica » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Yep, I also would just like to get on and do something and I am also in the Dobrich region although nearer Kavarna. any contacts would be helpfull. I havn't heard anything about these round here.
Erica

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 pm

The Bulgarian language version appears to have much more information about what's going on here than the English one. I've copied and pasted the main contact details for their Sofia HQ below so, anyone wishing to find out more, could just drop them an email.

Корпус на мира на САЩ, ул. "Пирински проход" 24, София 1680, п.к.15
email: pc@bg.peacecorps.gov
телефон: +359 28182100
факс: +359 28182199

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:24 pm

I am having a persian new year meal with some of them this coming weekend, so I will ask then.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi all

Carl and Erica, there is a peace corps guy called Bryan who has does a blog, he might be a good person for you to contact, just follow the link.

http://windowtobulgaria.blogspot.com/20 ... a-and.html

I don't think this bloke lives in the area but he has done some work there, when you look at the blog click on July 2010, Shabla clean up.

The blog is well worth a look for anybody else, lots of nice little stories from all over Bulgaria, lots of great pictures and a real insight into what the peace corps do in Bulgaria..

Enjoy.

Cheers Fred.

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”