animal rescue map

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

animal rescue map

Postby Joss » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:16 pm

We’re trying to put together a list of animal rescues, and anyone who will help, to create a map so that when anyone is in need they can find the nearest source of help. We know about the big ones, but if anyone is helping dogs please contact me on cheslawson@hotmail.com If we all get together maybe we can share funds and put the money where it’s most needed.

This initiative has come from a Smolyan rescue who are doing great work, trying to promote responsible dog ownership by helping with spaying , not just for street dogs but for every dog owner, and going into schools to encourage children to set up education programs in their own schools. www.bulgarianstreetdogs.com

And if anyone can help with how to do the map I'd be very grateful - at the moment I put in a tiny number for the index and get a huge white square which wipes out half the map :sad5:

Joss

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

Map?

Postby rgawith » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:51 am

Is there a link to the map?

There is the Tierschutz Mission at Burgas - there is an office in central Burgas and then the actual centre is just off the main road out to Sozopol. They have many dogs, well over a hundred and receive practically no funding except for privately donated funds from the German lady that helps them out.

Missy

Postby Missy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Joss, great work!! :) I didn't realise you knew the guys down near Smolyan!

Can you list which ones you have currently? I know of most charities in BG - some do just dogs, others do just cats, some do both.

There is a big list on the BSAPP page....

http://bulgariadogs.webs.com/links.htm#688987420

neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Great idea
Hope someone vets the map.
Unfortunatly there are bogas charities here.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:38 pm

neilmay wrote:Great idea
Hope someone vets the map.
Unfortunatly there are bogas charities here.

Oh God Yes Please.

But I am sure that there's enough of the real ones to weedle out the scammers.

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Sorry I haven't replied to this before, it hasn't shown up on my unread posts so I thought everyone was ignoring me.

Please PM me with any details of rescues or whatever, and if anyone can help with this pesky map...

Joss

cdt

dogs and cats.

Postby cdt » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:12 pm

hi to all
i dont know if this is relevent at all but in the past we looked for help.when we came to bulgaria we didnt invisage having cats and dogs but we have ended up with seven dogs and six cats.this is why now i or my wife have to keep going back to the uk and work,last yr i spent 10 months away from my wife so i could send money to feed them all.and it looks like i will be doing the same very shortly.never mind they are worth it.a friend of mine in the same village also has 8 dogs and 5 cats.and apart from that we try and feed the other waifes and strays in the village.we just wish there had been a bit more help then i could spend a little more time with my wife,lol.good luck to all out there trying.

Gazza

Balchik

Postby Gazza » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi I know of one in Balchik but the only info on them is a facebook site i will send this The information is in Bulgarian but soem of the suupporters translate for me when I put up things

Gazza

Balchik

Postby Gazza » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Hope this works The facebook page is called animals shelter in Balchikl

http://www.facebook.com/groups/154288831272452/

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”