Kavarna dogs URGENT appeal for volunteers

The My Bulgaria/BGAid registered charity is now closed however this forum remains open for any announcements, news, updates and questions on other charitable initiatives and causes.

Moderator: Moderator

Rosytoes

Kavarna dogs URGENT appeal for volunteers

Postby Rosytoes » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:00 am

I am looking for Winter foster carers and or volunteers to help with dogs at the Kavarna animal shelter. I am in the Uk and have set up a small charity to help sterilise vaccinate, pet passport and re home the Kavarna street dogs. We are looking for volunteers who could do any of the following jobs. Walk the dogs so they get used to walking on the lead and the town noises. Visit the park with them and play with them.
Give one of our vaccinated sterilised dogs a temporary foster home until they can be safely transported to their forever home. Food flea worming and vets bills will be paid for by the charity. We are looking for people who have time on their hands and want to make a difference to the animals. If you think you might be able to help please pm me. If you would like to donate any dog cat food or medical supplies please also contact me. Flea treatments are very expensive in Bulgaria. If you go back to the UK I can send you details of how to get flea treatments at a huge reduction. Any help you give or donations will be most gratefully received. All they need is Love. Please PM me. Thanks

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm

"Safely transported to their forever homes." Do you ship them to the UK ?

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:01 pm

Is that the Kavarna municipality pound?

Has the whole scandal of the Vet and Manager from a couple of years ago been resolved? There were a lot of Bulgarians involved at the time I seem to recall.

If you are interested, there is a German group who have made massive inroads in turning around one of the local pounds in Romania, working with the local population and the mayor.

I don't know where this lady lives in BG but she is involved with other groups and doing some neutering campaigns https://castawaylucyirvine.wordpress.com/ It might be worth contacting her, as Animal Spay Neuter International are returning in October to do another spayathon : http://www.animalsni.org/bulgaria-june-2015

Hope everything goes well.

Rosytoes

Postby Rosytoes » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:46 am

Hi Scott
Our charity can transport dogs to the UK. They go with an official Traces transporter with their pet passport to a foster home. This is by road. From there they can be adopted. Any suitable families are home checked. We have also paid passport vaccination for other dogs we have found who now go to Finland. This is via a plane again all official. Next year we intend to sterilise a few more in order to prevent as many being born. We do have long term five year plans that hopefully will have a positive effect on the area. We can then roll this out to other areas.

Rosytoes

Postby Rosytoes » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 am

Hi Anni
We are always looking for organisations who help with sterilisation.
Thanks for that.

Return to “Charitable Work, News and Updates”