www.mybulgariaproperty.info

Have you had a good or bad experience in Bulgaria with a real estate agent? Why not tell everyone!

Moderator: Moderator

chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

www.mybulgariaproperty.info

Postby chris » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:52 pm

Please note that this Bulgarian based real estate agent who are using the domain name www.mybulgariaproperty.info are NOTHING TO DO WITH MY BULGARIA. :evil:

We have established that this company are using a very similar sounding domain name and that they have booked a series of (often) premium rate Google ads tagged to the search phrases 'mybulgaria', 'www.mybulgaria' and 'my bulgaria' so that anyone simply searching for the REAL My Bulgaria (this one) using these search phrases will maybe get confused (if a relative newbie) and mistake their site for ours as a premium rate Google ad will appear BEFORE the normal listing for www.mybulgaria.info in the search results. Their site sells only their own properties. They are a real estate agent!!

In their 'About Us' section it can be clearly seen that the company name AND their actual www name bears no relation to the 'domain of convenience' they have chosen which is so close to that of My Bulgaria.

We have written to this company asking them to stop this practice as we have already had a few newer users email us in 'confusion' regarding what appears to be a deliberate attempt at 'passing off' and have not received a reply to date. My Bulgaria (us) do not sell property nor do we act as agents.

Additional steps will be taken if this practice does not stop.

Chris

chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chris » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:33 pm

I am pleased to say that today we heard from the Google Adwords Trademark Team who have upheld our original complaint on this meaning that this company are no longer allowed to use the trademarked "mybulgaria" as a keyword in their Google adwords campaign. We will continue to do our utmost to protect this site as originally intended..........an independent and informative source on buying property in Bulgaria and all related issues. We cannot possibly have eyes 'everywhere', if you see anything on the net that comes close, please let us know? Cheers!! Chris :lol:

Return to “Real Estate Agents”