BulgarianProperties - ridiculous selling fees

Have you had a good or bad experience in Bulgaria with a real estate agent? Why not tell everyone!

Moderator: Moderator

johndoe3

Re: BulgarianProperties - ridiculous selling fees

Postby johndoe3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 am

I wonder how long it takes to sell property in Bulgaria.
My wife and I bought a new build house in Bulgaria about 14 years ago. We're both getting a bit longer in the tooth, so we are thinking of selling up. I did speak with one of the team of Estate Agents about 5 years ago and he told me he has to work 4 times as hard to sell property than 14 years ago.
I was let down by the Estate Agents (no names mentioned), but we left our brains back at Gatwick Airport at the time.
The money was handed over to the builder before the house was finished to a liveable standard.
6 months later we came over for a fortnight holiday and the house had no electricity, fittings .etc which were all part of the contract.
Still I still love the place and have some good friends there (even the gypsies leave me bags of snails outside my gate after a rainstorm).
All the unfinished projects in Bulgaria do not leave me too optomistic of getting anything near my original purchase price. :idea:

johnjay
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby johnjay » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:02 pm

houseman
Congratulations on your sale. I do think the commission is expensive but agree with you, given the present market actually getting a sale wins over the cost of commission

Matoko
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Matoko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Oh, Bulgarian Properties are most definitely xxxxxxxxs . I've fortunately had no dealings with them but I think every other English person I know has bought through them and you wouldn't believe the horror stories from every single one of them.

Sorry by Matoko but I have had to edit your post. MOD

Matoko
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Matoko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:37 pm

For the record in general all fees are paid by the buyer. They shouldn't amount to more than 250-500 lev + tax on whatever value you agree to write down, that includes an interpreter at around 30lv.

Return to “Real Estate Agents”