bulgarianproperties.com

Have you had a good or bad experience in Bulgaria with a real estate agent? Why not tell everyone!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
toaster

bg properties

Postby toaster » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:06 pm

hi we brought our house and land from bugarian properties the plovdiv office, that went well very professional until 3yrs down the line, we payed nearly 900 euros for the maintanance contract for which we only got our yearly accounts done nothing else that they stated on their contract we now have a good accountant we are trying to get back what is owed to us but i donk think this will happen SO BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY DONT PAY ANY MAINTANANCE FEE YOU WONT GET WHATS ON CONTRACT

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Neil
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Totally agree with you toaster, I had a similar experience a few years ago not only with this office. I even went to the head office in Sofia to complain and was told I'd be compensated. When I got home, they ignored me until I finally got an email from Mr. Chobanov himself saying I was getting nothing and it was my own fault that his agents screwed me.

I wrote a lengthy post on this at the time which may still be on here.

Ok here's the link

DON'T TOUCH THIS COMPANY!

Cheers,
Neil

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
smot

Postby smot » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:21 pm

I had some dealings with BP.com in 2006. I found my perfect house on the internet and went to Bulgaria to view it (and other properties). They couldn't get access to the house I wanted to see, they said there were disagreements between the family selling it and they couldn't get the keys.

After being disappointed with the other properties they showed me, I went to all the other agents in Smolian. I found another agent listing the same perfect house. They DID have agreement from the sellers and had the keys. I bought the house (for 3000 euros less than BP.com were listing it for).

The owners had only listed the property with the one local agent I saw. BP.com were listing it without any knowledge of the sellers.

(I did then here unsubstantiated rumours about a "rogue" agent running their Rhodope operation who had run off with thousands of euros from that office.)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Neil
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Neil » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:26 pm

You're absolutely correct there. I had dealings with this guy. His name was Ilia Trifanov and as far as I know he disappeared back to Bourgas where he came from.

After going to the head office in Sofia etc...see other posts I went to the Smolyan hotel to see that their office was still there a year after they said it had closed.

They're simply a company which is full of rogue agents.

Cheers,

Neil

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:27 pm

In the early days when Mikhail really was the boss, BP were great. Then they expanded and Mikhail took his finger off the pulse - sort of late 2004and things started to go wrong and in some cases very badly amiss.

Through 2005 -6 I believe there were major company changes and franchises were sold under the BP corporate image.

I have not had any dealings with them since 2004 when they emptied my bank account without my consent and if it had not have been for the almighty fuss I made I wouldn't have got my money back. I think this happened to several others too.

If they have turned around, got their act together and are treading with integrity to the satisfaction of their clients then that's great - long may it continue!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Yea, we bought of them 2003 and they were great......then all downhill. Also emptied our account but we also created a fuss and they,d said it was all a mistake and our money was in thier account....jhad been for 9 months....but we got it back eventualy....minus any interest they had earned. Don,t have enough time .....or the energy to tell of some of the other scams they were at .....or tried....with us and some friends.
Avoid them like the plague.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:39 pm

monty564 asked:

Hi All, Iam looking to sell my 2 bed apartment in Messambria Fort, Elenite. I was thinking about using Bulgarianproperties.com as they advertise in Russian aswell and it seems they are the only ones buying anything!

Has anyone used them and if so how did they find the service?

Thanks, Monty

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
GarryN
Super User!
Super User!

Postby GarryN » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm

I used them several years ago and found a house I liked, but by the time I got back to the office they said the price had been doubled by the seller, which may have been true but I declined anyway. Finally used Viktor in Vratza who seems to be more honest than most and also has been quick to help with other problems I had later. Very happy with the house I eventually bought (and live in)

I think the trouble with BP is that they they seem to franchise the business so it depends on the remote agent you get. Personally I would say DO NOT BUY BUY BLIND from any agent. Even if they send you photos and tell the truth it is what THEY DON'T TELL YOU that you probably need to know.

Garry

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Savina

Postby Savina » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi everybody,

Reading your posts so far I've noticed that your opinion about BP is not so good. I've become their affiliate few months ago, still I do not have any impression at all about their business. Do you think being their affiliate could have a bad impact on my business? I've established my business with the single goal to provide honest, fast, reliable and loyal service.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 am

Savina wrote:Do you think being their affiliate could have a bad impact on my business? I've established my business with the single goal to provide honest, fast, reliable and loyal service.

An interesting question, Savina - unfortunately, the lack of responses doesn't make it easy to decide whether this might have been a bad move or not!

Just as a general comment, though - "honest, fast, reliable and loyal" are possibly NOT the first words to come to mind when talking about estate agents anywhere in the known universe.... :wink:

So c'mon, peeps - DOES anyone have any recent first-hand experience of BP.com?

Return to “Real Estate Agents”