Inflated maintainence charges

You now have a property and need someone to look after it whilst you are away or renting it? This is the place to look and post!

Moderator: Moderator

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Cheapskates ! Anglos or Russkies ?

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:13 pm

What is the usual rate for an apt with swimming pool and grounds maintenance also the use of bbq area and common areas.

Also if you have signed a contract can the company change it without telling you for example tell you that some of the facilities are no longer available.

I think we are being ripped off please help with information feedback. 8)

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

maintenance

Postby truckyboy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Scot 47 theres no other english living anywhere on this complex/estate. most are russians, but in this block its a mixture of ruskies and bgn`s.

Cant help with your issue banjo, but surely you shouldnt be paying for something you havnt got.

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Banjo - the first thing is to look at your maintenance contract to see what is in it. The second thing is to look out for any official meetings, as things can be legally agreed there without any input from absent owners.

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:45 pm

All of your questions regarding maintenance charges should be raised at your Annual General meeting that should and I say should be held every year

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks guys, I have never been to a general meeting because this company has never held one in the eight years I have paid maintenance. We have in our small complex of only 18 apts Irish, English,Russian,Scottish,Bulgarian. owners. Things have changed for example free internet we are told that this is now to be restricted. We have other problems with the family that maintain the complex ie lack of cleaning etc. Some of the owners have had enough and saying they will not pay the maintenance charge even though they signed a contract. Where does that leave people from a legal point of view . Please help guys with some advice.

Thanks for previous posts seedy & truckyboy.

8)

Gerimanderer

Disputes with management and maintenance company

Postby Gerimanderer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello all,
I have just joined this Forum, which is full of information, well done all.
We have an apartment in Sunny Beach and are in dispute with the Management and Maintenance Co who were the developers. Issues with pool, promised services not materialising etc etc.
Where do we stand legally if we do not pay management and maintenance? I would really appreciate some advice from owners who have been through same.

As this is my first post I hope I am submitting correctly.
Thanks
Gerimanderer

Gerimanderer

Disputes with management and maintenance company

Postby Gerimanderer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Hello all,
I have just joined this Forum, which is full of information, well done all.
We have an apartment in Sunny Beach and are in dispute with the Management and Maintenance Co who were the developers. Issues with pool, promised services not materialising etc etc.
Where do we stand legally if we do not pay management and maintenance? I would really appreciate some advice from owners who have been through same.

As this is my first post I hope I am submitting correctly.
Thanks
Gerimanderer

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:41 am

The problem is compounded by the type of complex - ie, is it "closed or open" legally-speaking (which can radically alter your options in terms of who maintains it), what is in your maintenance contract, and the outcome of any General Meetings. Note that any decisions purportedly taken at GMs are not necessarily valid if the correct procedures weren't followed but that valid and binding decisions can be taken by one person if they stick to the book, even if everyone else claims not to have known the meeting was taking place despite the correct notice being given. Owning property in a foreign country requires you to know what you're up against -and it isn't always easy even when you live here!

Gerimanderer

Postby Gerimanderer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:08 am

Thanks Seedy,
It sure is a mine field! To my knowledge we have never had a GM.

Have you or anybody else heard of M & M Co taking an owner to Court for non payment?

Return to “Property Management”