Inflated maintainence charges

You now have a property and need someone to look after it whilst you are away or renting it? This is the place to look and post!

Moderator: Moderator

Mylo114

Postby Mylo114 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 pm

maybe so oldtimer that small complex's are more expensive but all this didn't matter 2 years ago when we were buying, no our preliminary contract says 7.50 with an annual rise with inflation. Just heading into year Two and bang 12.50.

Mylo114

Postby Mylo114 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Anni,
No people havn't signed for last Season and still paid myself included because the contract did not include comunnal electric and water bills they wanted to add 30% onto the amount of electric you used in your own apartment plus another bill of nearly 100euro to pay for this bill, plus we have no security

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Agree the increase is well above inflation, is your contract for 1 year with the company or longer. Have you asked them for breakdown on expenditure of how they need to increase it by this sum

Mylo114

Postby Mylo114 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Oldtimer, the maintenance was to run for 2years with a year left to run. we did ask for a breakdown but this also included security but there hasn't been any, they just seem to tell you what ever they want

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Well unfortunatly you are in the same postion as a lot of other people at the moment. You could refuse to pay but this would lead to them stopping you using all common areas, and if everyone refused to pay then they would withdraw all services, i.e pool etc. If the signed contracts state the increase has to be not above inflation then you might have a case, but you would need a good solicitor. To be honest there is no answer to this problem, withold payment no facilities, or you have to pay what they are asking. Sorry this probably is not what you want to hear. On the other hand you could not pay and the company will do nothing and keep everything going as they need the grounds etc to look good for the rest of the apartments that have to be sold.

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Dear All

Please respond to the "Maintenance Contracts Survey"

Thanks

www.mybulgaria.info/Maintenance-Contracts-Survey

keninski
Super User!
Super User!

Postby keninski » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Same old story folks

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Maitainance contracts are a licence to print money , but then they are in the UK too for leasehold properties . My Dad got a new appartment near Windsor 5 years ago , extortionate fees so the oldies formed a residents assocciation . They quibble the annual accounts (at least they get them) and achieve some minor successes , but mostly the management company goes on creaming it; different rules , same story . Just wait for a few years time and some major repairs are needed , then you'll see some really hefty bills !
Tim .

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Admittedly not the main one but just one of the many reasons I preferred to buy a house rather than an apartment - I feel 'more in control'...

I pays me 30 euros a year municipality tax and I pays for the electric I use. Water is from a well so is totally "free" (Well registration? Don't even go there, btw :lol: )

As a few have said already - Maintenance fees? A licence to print money :cry:

keninski
Super User!
Super User!

Postby keninski » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:11 pm

here here

Return to “Property Management”