roads and pavements

You now have a property and need someone to look after it whilst you are away or renting it? This is the place to look and post!

Moderator: Moderator

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

roads and pavements

Postby truckyboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 pm

I wonder ( no i am sure ) there will be help for my wife and I regarding roads and pavements where we live. We live in Pomorie in a new residential complex, and this is the 4th year where we find it difficult to get to our block. This is due to the fact we have no roads or pavements, after rain it is a swamp, whereby we have to hop from one brick to the next, or walk through the swamp. The builders did put up a makeshift pavement, and we have spoken to them about the area, only to be told that its not their responsibility, but that of the council..so where do we go from here, who can we complain to, because its getting beyond a joke now and something needs to be done.
The other issue is the builders have now started to charge `maintenance` a cleaner comes in and sweeps the floors etc, and there are aditional costs to be met for the lift. he charges 100 EUROS, per apartment and i think its too much, as it equates to almost £2000 per annum for him, and i`m sure its not what he pays out..i`ve just written about my charges here in the uk and thats £600 which includes an admin fee of £78. Is it the builder who sets these charges, or are there guidlines ?

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I know for a fact if a new supermarket is built in Varna then it is the company's responsibility for access (usually a clause in the contract), ie a new road. I would suspect (though cannot be sure) it would be the developer's responsibility to provide roads/pavements.

Not what you want to hear, but i suspect that may be the case

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: roads and pavements

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:51 pm

truckyboy wrote:I wonder ( no i am sure ) there will be help for my wife and I regarding roads and pavements where we live. We live in Pomorie in a new residential complex, and this is the 4th year where we find it difficult to get to our block. This is due to the fact we have no roads or pavements, after rain it is a swamp, whereby we have to hop from one brick to the next, or walk through the swamp. The builders did put up a makeshift pavement, and we have spoken to them about the area, only to be told that its not their responsibility, but that of the council..so where do we go from here, who can we complain to, because its getting beyond a joke now and something needs to be done.
The other issue is the builders have now started to charge `maintenance` a cleaner comes in and sweeps the floors etc, and there are aditional costs to be met for the lift. he charges 100 EUROS, per apartment and i think its too much, as it equates to almost £2000 per annum for him, and i`m sure its not what he pays out..i`ve just written about my charges here in the uk and thats £600 which includes an admin fee of £78. Is it the builder who sets these charges, or are there guidlines ?

I have a feeling that this ought to be in the Property Advice section and that some of the answers might be already there.

How much road and pavement is missing exactly, is your development the last out on a limb? I was always under the impression that the developer was responsible for paving, road access on the territory of the development itself and the Municipality responsible for main road pavement access, but I'm only assuming and don't know factually.

One man throwing wobblers in the Municipal offices might not carry much water, but if all the other residents could group together and complain either in person or via a petition then, it might, I stress MIGHT have some effect. It is difficult to understand whether adverse publicity works in this country, but if the developer still has lots of empty apartments to sell then, it is in his interest to get it done (if he has any cash left). Try and get the local newspaper involved, nice photograph of you and Misses Truck playing hopscotch on the bricks in 6 inches of mud and water.

As for the communal charges, you also need to band together and form some residents association and get things planned for future rises. I pay on the square metres of my flat back in Russia and as it is 180 sq metres, I pay the concierge's wages about 10 times more per year than the going rate, nothing I can do about it unfortunately except apply for the job of concierge!

Good luck.

Ps. Drop Oldtimer a PM, she might well be able to offer some valuable assistance.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

pavements and roads

Postby truckyboy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:44 pm

so its 4 years down the line from when i first posted. all new roads throughout the estate, plus all new pavements. the service charges have been taken over by one of our neighbours from the builders. prices have dropped to 100 lev per annum, with no increase since 2012..its fantastic..plus council tax is only 54 lev per annum..we pay cot 270 lev per annum so all is hunky dory..

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:07 pm

8)

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:30 pm

MOD wrote:8)

what?

Return to “Property Management”