Flora Apartments Borovets - calling all owners !!

You now have a property and need someone to look after it whilst you are away or renting it? This is the place to look and post!

Moderator: Moderator

chubb

Flora Apartments Borovets - calling all owners !!

Postby chubb » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:34 pm

Hi all

Just wondering if any of you are managing to communicate with the Flora !! We were over for a week for the opening ceremony and were pleased generally with the place but we are having problems getting them to respond to our emails. We are also waiting to see a rental contract in English so we can decide whether to rent it out with them this season. It would be great to hear from any of you and we may be able to give you a bit of info if you havent already been able to get over there.

squirter99
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby squirter99 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:47 pm

the rental contract is still being finalised. i got back to england this morning and was told each day i was there that they were translating the contract and it would be done before i left - it wasn't. apparently it's with the flora management now who are giving it the once-over.

who at flora have you been trying to contact? i know that Denitsa (sp.) is away until January 16th i think on holiday. i guess this may explain why you've heard nothing. i've only dealt with her a few times but she tends to respond to emails fairly quick.

hope this info helps.

squirter99
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby squirter99 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:08 pm

i did have a bit of a snagging list as well, but nothing too bad. i probably went over the top just to cover my self. i agree that the apartments were finished better than i thought though.

my impression of the girls on reception was that as we are not yet letting our apartments through flora they dont really want too much to do with us. i suppose they are only receptionists and not property managers. i was told to go direct to denitsa with any complaints i had so i'm going to have to wait a few weeks for my answers. they're probably not answering your emails as they're unable to help, though a note to tell you that wouldnt hurt them.

i dont think you have any reason to feel insecure though, especially as you might rent your apartment through them so its in their interest as well to sort things out. i suppose it depends what snags you had. i have a bit of window frame missing (!) and the sofa-bed was the noisest thing in the world and impossible to sleep on. if flora dont sort that out then they are going to get complaints from every guest that stays there!

what were your snags - anything to worry about?

chubb

Postby chubb » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:07 pm

Hi

Snagging list included bubbling plaster in the window area's - paint starting to lift already. They said that was down to condensation but we know that's rubbish - it was so hot in the place, we had the windows open continuously so that is something we will all need to keep an eye on. The laminate flooring in the bedroom had'nt been laid on an even surface and was lifting - not a major problem now but it will crack in time. We had a small leak under the kitchen sink (the plastic pipework is so flimsy, it cracks really easily). This was sorted before we left and the only other major thing was the shower doors which were sooooo flimsy they broke the minute we touched them.

Your right about the sofa Bed !! We did'nt have a duvet or proper fitted sheet for the bed settee - Ive made sure Ive bought one together with a mattress protector for the main bed along with things like chopping board, coasters !!! (all little things that send a subtle message to people renting - hopefully !!)

squirter99
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby squirter99 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:49 pm

at least you had shower doors!

chubb

Postby chubb » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:25 pm

Oh ! Well ok I have to admit we did have doors - albeit rather c*** one's !

Your comments re the contact @ Flora have been confirmed by our agents. The whole company (or so it seems !) are away until the 9/1. The contract has now apparently been translated and is in the process of being typed up. A copy will hopefully be sent to our agents today/tomorrow. Hope this may help u out - quite happy to let u know the details....

I really think that we need to be prepared for the fact that we're not going to have a great deal of rental for the first half of the season - Im trying to persuade family and friends to use it but even they can't seem to drum up the enthusiasm !

squirter99
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby squirter99 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:24 pm

does anyone have an email address/phone number for the reception of flora - i forgot to ask them before i left!

chubb

Postby chubb » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:39 am

grego
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby grego » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:36 pm

FLora Apartment Owners,

As there is no Rental contract in Place, what is going to happen when the utility bills start coming in. Have any of you arranged a method of payment? I was banking on the Rental agreement with Flora to deal with this,

cheers........

squirter99
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby squirter99 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:02 am

i thought the first 12 months was included in the property management fee. i'd better check the contract.

Return to “Property Management”