Flora Apartments Borovets - calling all owners !!

You now have a property and need someone to look after it whilst you are away or renting it? This is the place to look and post!

Moderator: Moderator

Ciara
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ciara » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Dear all,
I know times are uncertain regarding rental contracts, when exactly your apartment is used or free and your apartment rented when contract not signed is scary stuff!
In Oct we signed a rental agreement for our apartment (which is in Flora phase 1).
The communication form the Flora Management has been lacking for sure but any issues/concerns we had where addressed.
We where out over the New Year and meet with ?Diana who reassured us that the much anticipated owners web site will be up and running on the 15th January (to see exactly when your apartment is occupied). There is also a registration book you can check for exact dates of bookings.
This is a partnership and there must be trust. I do feel the staff are doing their best, they are a new management team (previous one had very bad reputation) who's sole task is to ensure occupancy for their benefit and ours.
We are willing to give them a chance and see what happens.

Ciara

chubb

Postby chubb » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:57 pm

Ciara

I welcome your sentiments and hope most people can take your view - I have to say I have been one of the more understanding, open minded owners throughout this 13 months - I still say that even though they have introduced a new manager, things have not improved that much - Good luck to you and everyone else in getting any issues sorted !! P.S. Worth mentioning here, check the rails on your balcony - one of our strutts had disappeared last August and 4 more were loose - Flora did'nt get them fixed so we did in the end because we were worried about them falling on someone's head from the 4th floor !!!

Chubb

christinedavid

Postby christinedavid » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:44 am

We are going to Borovets tomorrow, and will be staying in our Flora Apartment. We are taking the Preliminary and Maintenance contracts with us. It is quite clear from them who is responsible for what, and it's mainly the Flora Management! Before we signed the rental contract (they call it the "mediation" contract) we asked "Please confirm that, if we choose not to rent out our apartment through you, you are still responsible for the organization of maintenance and management of our apartment."
They replied "We will continue to be engaged for the maintenance and management as per the Contract for Maintenance and Management of Holiday complex "Flora" You have signed by the purchase of the apartment as well as will do everything within our power for removal of other defects in the apartment."
The manager is Diana Aleksova so I guess all queries go through her.
We are convinced, after reading the maintenance contract over and over, that we are paying for the maintenance of the leisure facilities and should therefore not haver to pay to use it. It's not clear from the Preliminary contract what part of the communal areas we actually own a part of. We thought it was the whole building.
We are very concerned what happens after 5 years. It works both ways, and if they think we'll be forking out to repair THEIR swimming pool they can think again!
Anyway, we'll keep you all posted about our findings.

I think we ought to have a residents' committee so that we can all act together on issues that affect everyone. Ant ideas/opinions about this? The difficulty is identifying all the owners - I bet the Flora wouldn't tell us!

Ciara
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ciara » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 am

A Resident's committee is an excellent idea, I am sure through this forum some owners can be located, a mail drop in English and Bulgarian at the flora, what about the local estate agents would it be possible to get contact details of persons who bought?
A united front of common concerns is the way forward.

Ciara

chubb

Postby chubb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:10 pm

Good idea - I could make contact with quite a few other owners who use the same management over there - hope your trip goes well and you atleast get some of the white stuff !! Some forecast @ the weekend fingers crossed.

christinedavid

Flora residents' committee

Postby christinedavid » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I already have a list of as many owners as I could find some months ago. But I'm sure there are lots more who weren't about then. Perhaps you could PM me with any you know and I'll start to put together a list. I'll ask at Flora just in case. I expect slips of paper under doors would just end up in the bin.
Anyone reading this who doesn't want to be known to all on MyBulgaria but who would be interested in joining the list of owners, please PM me.

Residence

Flora -2

Postby Residence » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi folks,

I'm one of the new owners in Flora-2 /Residence/. I've signed contract colled "Mediation" with the Flora management. My agent told me about this site and I decide to ask if you could advice of some questions.
You are writing about the facilityes in the complex. Do we have to pay for them or not? From the management told me that we /like owners/ will have cards for a discount. Is that true?

Please do advise

chubb

Postby chubb » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi

We certainly have never been given discount cards - it would be interesting to hear from you if they are actually issuing them to Flora 2 owners !! Can you let us know ? The facilities are, as you probably know, very good - your apartments are looking very nice by the way !

Residence

Discount cards

Postby Residence » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:54 am

Hi,
I have also never given a discount card. From the management told me, that they are going to give them personall :) y to the owners. I was promised that when I go there they will give it to us, but my husbant didn't managed with his work and we didn't made the trip.
We even haven't seen the flat? Thank you, that like it...

christinedavid

Postby christinedavid » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:20 pm

We have just returned from the Flora. As we were leaving, we were presented with a card entitling us to 10% discount off all the facilities at the Flora, including the bars and restaurant. Apparently they are going to send these cards to all the owners. They have only just finished them.
On arrival we had discussed the Maintenance Contract with the rentals manager, Diana Aleksova. She agreed that it DOES state that we are paying for the maintenance, organisation and management of the paid services within the complex. She said she would discuss this with her manager. We shouldn't have to pay for all this and then pay the same as the man off the street to use the facilities. The 10% discount card is apparently unrelated to our argument about the contract.

Return to “Property Management”