Flora Apartments Borovets - calling all owners !!

You now have a property and need someone to look after it whilst you are away or renting it? This is the place to look and post!

Moderator: Moderator

blueski

Postby blueski » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:37 pm

Very interesting to read this thread. I am in the process of buying an apartment in Borovets myself, in the Villa Park complex and have been considering the maintenance side of things. I have recently posted an entry on the Off-Plan thread about property maintenance, but have not yet had any responses.

Did anyone take legal advice on the maintenance contracts before they signed, and if so, what did this bring out? I am in the process of trying to get legal advice but not sure what value it will prove to be.

I agree that the way forward does appear to be creating a residents association, and it would be interesting to see how much leverage you would have as a group of owners.

Also, have you any indication that the management company have "created" work so that they can bill you and potentially share the profits with the contractor?

Wrighty

Postby Wrighty » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:02 pm

I was just in Borovets last weekend and am potentially thinking of buying in the Flora apartments. However, on reading this thread I am not so sure.

How are things now with the maintenance and rental contracts? Has Flora management actually paid anyone anything?

Just to let you know Flora apartments are clearly in the FirstChoice, Balkan Holidays and Ingham's brouchers (all in reception) and prices for walk-ins are currently 180 lev for studio and 220 for apartment at reception with 20 lev extra for more than 2 persons. Also for this sat the block is basically full as I asked if i could rent 3 1 bed apartments and they said that 3 where not available. So hopefully pretty much everyone should be getting rent for this coming week!

christinedavid

Flora maintenance contracts

Postby christinedavid » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi all
The Flora have just requested payment of the annual maintenance charge and payment up front for utilities. Okay. But just one slight problem - we have already paid the maintenance charge up front for 5 years. They were very apologetic. It would seem that the handover to the new management has not been very thorough. They didn't know we had already paid, so I sent a copy of our receipt. On a slightly different matter. The Executive Director of the Flora Management is saying that the only thing he can do, regarding us paying for the maintenace of the leisure facilities and again when we use them, is the 10% discount card. I am sure this can't be right. Has ANYONE else read the agreement? Any comments? The new management are trying very hard and were very helpful to us when we were there recently. I'm not convinced about the money we're getting from renting through them though. We were only given a total amount with no details of how many nights rented. It wasn't very much! I'd be interested to hear what others think.

Wrighty

Maintenance contract

Postby Wrighty » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:19 am

Chrsitinedavid,

As part of the process of buying in the Flora I have just had a copy of the maintenance contract forwarded to me. It seems pretty reasonable, but unfortunately for eveyone who thought that use of the facilities would be free it is definitely there in black and white that the maintenace company has every right to charge anyone, be they owners or not, for the use of the pool and other facilities. So look like fault lies with whoever suggested that use of facilities would be free rather than the current management who it looks like are totally within their rights to charge people to use the pool etc.

Wrighty

Rent from Flora

Postby Wrighty » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 am

Hi all,

Would be great to know what rent others had got from the Flora rental contract. I am deciding whether or not to sign up my apartment on the contract. Occupancy does seem quite high.

chubb

Postby chubb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi Wrighty

We don't actually rent our through the Flora management - we have someone in the resort who not only get's some bookings but also takes care of the place for us. If you need any other info, let me know

Wrighty

Postby Wrighty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:20 pm

Anyone know Jason who owns apartment 512 in Flora? I’ve been trying to buy the apartment through ‘British developments’ but am having trouble with the agency. They keep putting down the phone on me and say that they are going to keep my deposit unless I complete, which I can’t do as there are still items to iron out which can’t be ironed out as they won’t talk to me. They also say that Jason has got the deposit but I don’t believe them, I suspect they don’t want to talk to me so they can keep the deposit and then re-market the apartment. Any help with contacting Jason (Who's details they won't give me), to see if they are telling the truth, and with what I can do here much appreciated.

stefcho
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby stefcho » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:46 pm

I have the feeling you won't see your money ever again, Wrighty.

All of you must be very carefull, when buying in Bulgaria. I'm not saying Bulgarians are crooks, but like everywhere there are people here, who are not interested in running a respectable busyness, but who follow the principle "Snatch and run".

Best wishes.

cjbunney
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby cjbunney » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Wrighty - sorry to hear about your problems trying to buy into Flora. Hope you get it sorted. To address a couple of issues from earlier in the thread;

1) Not sure you will need a contract with a tour operator. We advertised our 2 apartments in Flora phase 2 ourselves, and achieved over 90% occupancy for the season just gone, as well as finding some bookings for other owners where we were already booked. Flora is in demand, so I don't know if volunteering to give a chunk of your potential profit/mortgage repayments to a tour operator is necessary.

2) Yes, the maintenance contract does state that use of the facilities will be free to guests. And yes, guests are still charged for the privilege! Unless anyone has the time and willpower (and probably solicitors fees) to sort this out with Flora management, I suggest we live with the - relatively small - charges, and advertise the same to potential tenants.

christinedavid

Rental income from Flora Rental Contract

Postby christinedavid » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:51 am

Hello everyone
The Flora have just sent us our utility bill to the end of March and our rental income achieved since the contract started, on 1 October 2006. A grand total of 521.51 Euros, after their 25% cut. I have not yet been able to establish how many nights they rented out our studio for.
I would be interested to hear what sort of amounts others have received from them?
Christine

Return to “Property Management”