Any native palm trees?

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

owenyh
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby owenyh » Fri May 05, 2006 9:02 pm

hi fred i too like gardening and was wondering if on my trip out i could bring some of my plants from home trees shrubs climbers and much more is this possible to do or are there regulations on this oweny

Jude
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Jude » Fri May 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Which plants are recommended for the Elhovo?yambol region - I love roses -what about wisteria - can just imagine that climbing up our house - can you buy these in BG ? :?

stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi all

Will my INDOOR rubber/spider/money tropical plants get eaten by insects or will they be OK to leave outside in the hotter months in BG?

Stewarty

royalblew
Super User!
Super User!

Postby royalblew » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:09 pm

I bought 3 palm trees from Polar Palm near plovdiv last year you only have to email them they will deliver via private carrier under 50 lev, and their web site has got all sorts of plants for sale retail including hardy bulgarian palms

fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi Royal blue,

No such animal as a hardy Bulgarian palm I'm afraid. the closest thing you will find is Trachycarpus fortunei, from China, will withstand temps down to -15.

Good luck Fred.

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”