stuffed peppers

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Griswalds

stuffed peppers

Postby Griswalds » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:54 pm

Since i'v been back from bul i'v been fancying peppers stuffed with egg & cheese, how do you mix the egg with the cheese, runny egg with cheese dos'nt seem right, i'v read the recipes on my bulgaria but still can't get it right. thanks griswalds.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cookoid_0
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cookoid_0 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:16 am

I had these really really nice once where the pepper was actually "stuffed" with the cheese-based filling mmm mouth watering as I type. But most places when you ask for stuffed peppers you get pepper cut into strips and fried (I think) with the stuffing on top. Still nice but not as good.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Griswalds

Postby Griswalds » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:35 am

Thanks cookoid, the peppers i had was covered in bread crumbs when you cut into them the cheese & egg run out i think i'll try baking them with the mix inside, the easy way, i'm making myself hungry gonna get a bacon sarnie.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Maiko

Postby Maiko » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:13 am

You need to use feta cheese - sirene in Bulgarian. It mixes with the eggs just fine, use a fork, crack the egg on top of the cheese and mash. add black pepper and some fine-chopped parsley(if you like). If you don't have feta you can use cottage cheese but you will need to add some salt.Stuff the roasted and pealed peppers with the mixture and dip them in flower, then egg, then crumbs. Fry in a pan with some oil.
This is a typical Bulgarian winter dish, easy to prepare since all the peppers from the garden have been roasted and frozen or put in jars in the basement.
Now you made me hungry and no real peppers in Japan... :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
skaviva
<b>Language Tutor/Translations</b>

stuffed peppers

Postby skaviva » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:38 am

We don't use feta cheese that much - we use ordinary brine cheese from cow's milk.
Don't mash the cheese too finely; the mixture should be lumpy so the egg does not run out. If you have the tops of the peppers with the stems, you can put them back on, while cooking the peppers - another little trick to stop the egg leaking :-). :D

(Still no sign of my Inbox.)

I will try and sort this today Mod 8)

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”