EU grants for villages

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

EU grants for villages

Postby bagpuss » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:22 pm

Howdy all,

Does anyone know where an EU grant/info can be found to help rural villages in Bulgaria with things like schools books, play equipment and to help spruce up the villages with seating and plants etc.

I have heard some villages have been successful in already receiving grants
Thanks in advance

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:22 pm

I suspect that its a little early for much money to be flowing yet. Keep an eye on developments via the Europa or Europortal.bg websites, although the former is quite hard to find your way around. Most funding will be channelled via Regions of which there are 6 in BG. It will be important that local communities have good links with decision makers at the Regional level. Membership of the EU offers the opportunity to learn from the experiences of others - the problems of BG villages are not so different from those of villages in other member states. One organisation that exists to share good practice is ECOVAST. It doesn't seem to have a BG branch yet, so perhaps your village could be the first! Good luck.
http://www.ecovast.org/english/index.htm

Simonita

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:29 pm

Attached link is for a version in English of the Bulgarian National Strategic Reference Framework (NRSF). This explains what Bulgaria intends to do with EU structural funding in the period 2007-2013 and how it will be administered. The document is lengthy, but contains some interesting analysis of BG's problems and priorities from the point of view of the BG government. The document has to be formally approved by the EU but is probably unlikely to change much.

http://www.eufunds.bg/docs/___NSRF_21.1 ... nglish.doc

Simonita

bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bagpuss » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:12 pm

Howdy Simonita,

Thanks for the help,

My others halves uncle is a retired Euro MP and has said he will check out what he can for me, as he has been active in politics avery long time and knows a few people.

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Postby yankv8 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi Can anyone point me in the right direction for GRANTS for BG villages as i think our village is missing out.
Please dont tell me to look at pages and pages of blah,blah i cant understand (government/lawyer dribble) but basic knowledge of what can be asked for,where and how?Has anyone done this already for thier village?
I want to pass on the info to our Mayor,he's a good bloke but ,needs to be pointed in the right direction,anything in Bulgarian that's 'basic 'to would be cool as i could print it out for him to read. :)

Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Yankv8, did you get any private replies on this subject or not, as I see no one has replied on here, and I am interested in this subject too. I would love to find out how to get further funding for our village. We have a few local buildings like a cinema and recreation buildings that are totally run down and could be a real boon to the villagers if we could get funds to tart them up again and get these buildings back in use. We also have a lovely church building in the village, but I am told that the insides is really in need or a renovation. Like most villgage churches that I know of, its hardly ever used, just for deaths and the odd service at special dates.

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Postby yankv8 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:08 pm

No Cameo,Either people dont know or just can't be bothered,as for me,i have no idea hence the question !
Wouldn't know where to look on the internet and regarding Govt sites,cant understand the WAFFLE that Lawyer types write,all goblygook to me ! :roll:
Perhaps someone out there will eventually read this and HELP us out.... :wink:

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:07 pm

yankv8 wrote:No Cameo,Either people dont know or just can't be bothered,as for me,i have no idea hence the question !
Wouldn't know where to look on the internet and regarding Govt sites,cant understand the WAFFLE that Lawyer types write,all goblygook to me ! :roll:
Perhaps someone out there will eventually read this and HELP us out.... :wink:

I have been looking for EU Grants for the football and come to the same conclusion as you Yankv8
:x

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Postby yankv8 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:02 pm

Dannia,Regarding your football,i take my hat off to you at least your trying and although slowly you'll make it a great success.
Who's that famous Bulgarian footballer who plays for a big team in UK (i think) not into football meself!! :oops: But perhaps you can send a letter to him/or the team,i'm sure you'll get some sponsering also Beckham runs a training school etc for kids....worth a try (or is it goal) lol i get mixed up !!
There's also the big teams here,i dunno if you thought of that ??Major BG companies might sponsor you too if they can supply kit etc,then there's the trainers/boots adidas,nike etc,even a letter explaining what your doing to the BG Govt....you never know. :roll:
When i was starting a motorcycle scrambling course for kids back home,i begged,pleaded and embarresed the 'right' people...once in front of Princess Anne !!!Had a brand new van from the water board that week,also liability insurance from the council,£1000 worth of tools and the backing from the police,youthwork,council,children in need,groundwork trust,save the children etc...oh there's a couple,dunno if they would apply over here. :wink:

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:36 pm

My understanding is that each Municipality has an officer/employee who is responsible for EU funding and that person should be able to give you guidance. This is not at village level, but at district level. At the end of the day, village Mayors are effectively the equivalent of village Parish council leaders in UK, almost toothless outside of the village. Any village request would be channelled through the Municipality.

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”