shootings of stray dogs in village

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:23 pm

If you say so dear

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:26 pm

This topic is about shooting stray dogs not about Scott being right or Joss being right, you have both had your say, now can we get back on topic.
Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shaggy
Super User!
Super User!

shooting of dogs

Postby shaggy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:04 pm

well,well well,interesting reading.Thanks to every one who has kept to the subject.To the warped people good luck to you all.If you agree with dogs being shot so be it.My point of the post was to express the horror my daughter and myself felt.The dog in question did not kill at all.I have seen it in the field when the chickens have been out and the dog just ignored them.The reason for this was because i fed it and gave it water.The mayer of the village decided to do a dog cull.We have two dogs and we keep them chained up on 10 mtrs of chain each.They have enough length to run around and play and are very happy.Some of you may ask why do we chain them up :?: We have to because even though they are small dogs they can clear a 2 mtr fence last year they got out and one of them killed a chicken.So we replaced the chicken the lady was happy and told us to chain the dogs up.At least people respected us for doing so.So if anyone else replys to post please keep to the subject and not diverse ,if it goes into a slanging match i will ask MOD to lock subject.
debs

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Lassie

Postby Lassie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi Shaggy,

Really sorry you and your daughter had to witness this. It is not something I would like to experience.

If the Mayor decided to have a dog cull does that mean that your village has a large stray dog population? I know Sofia and the some cities have large numbers of strays but was not aware that the villages also suffered from the problem. My only experience has been where all the dogs are kept in the gardens, mostly chained. This would not suit our dog but then she has been brought up differently.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Wesley
Super User!
Super User!

Shooting of dogs in village

Postby Wesley » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:53 pm

I am proud to announce that after having looked at Joss's site for the homeless dogs, my ten year old son has decided that 10lev per month of his .
chore money will go to sponsor one of her dogs.

Well done son, I am proud of you.

Mi

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:10 pm

Let me say first of all...before the Canine Defence league put out a contract on me......that my 14 year old Springer Spaniel who I had from 6 weeks recently died. Therefore I am not a dog hater...or a hater of any animal. But for the life of me I cannnot see how or why people get so animated about dogs, cats etc. I don,t see as much concern shown in the forum for needy children.......yes I KNOW there are many people doing good work on that in Bulgaria......but the posts on that never reach the crescendo reached by the "dog question". Maybe I,m wrong....has been known.... but I think people should take a step back and realise they are dogs, cats, horses whatever.....they are important but in the general scheme of things there are many things much more important.
Would I shoot a dog for no reason. ? Absolutely NOT. !! Would I shoot a dog that may harm my family or other livestock. ? Absolutely. !!
I realise also that the "dog lovers" will never agree with me. Thats life.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Muffy
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

Postby Muffy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:16 pm

any dog that is not owned should be removed preferably humanely but whatever way they need removing, more and more dogs are becoming homeless, made more so by the fact they now need a license. We have 2 dogs one which we brought from the UK, so i am not a dog hater i just understand the necessity to remove these menaces from the street, the dog in question from the original post may have been a quiet dog, but we hear it all the time about dogs that have always been placid suddenly attacking a child.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Lassie

Postby Lassie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:46 pm

I have always put children before dogs and it took a few years before we agreed that a neighbour with children could look after our dog when we went on holiday. We certainly would never have agreed to it when the the children were very young. I would prefer to err on the side of caution because, as they say, you cannot trust any dog with children.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

dogs

Postby chrisarvor » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:27 am

JOSS, i dont hate dogs if you bothered to read my post and as for other sarcastic remarks please get real as Tiarnan says there are better thing to spend moiney on than dogs ,Try suporting the orphanage or donating to the kindergarten in your village.
And full marks to your kid Wesley if it wants to give money to the dogs but when the kid grows up try not to brainwash him/her,
Its not always the the dog thats a problem its the owners who never see any wrong in what there dogs do.

Shaggy
And the dog that was shot was you with this dog 24 hrs a day how do you know thathe did not attack for food at night.
Very one sided and ill informed view

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:47 am

Just wondered how much wesleys son gets an average month for "chore money" so I can put his donation into context. But well done anyway

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”