Centipedes and millipedes

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Centipedes

Postby Trudyw » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:23 pm

We spent ages last year avoiding these , hated them. It was just the number of legs and how fast they ran. Our neighbor said they can bite a bit like any insect ,so check you covers before you climb in. I do hope they are all outside when we go in May. if not there will be lines of fairy liquid everywhere again as this stopped them last year.
They sucked up the hand vac very well and then we released then outside . Hope they do not home like mice or spiders !!

Trudy who is now off to bed to check under the covers !!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markie
Super User!
Super User!

centipedes

Postby markie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:25 pm

here is a treat for all you centipede lovers, enjoy!!

http://www.venomlist.com/forums/lofiver ... t1235.html

its the giant centipedes that you really have to watch out for 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 pm

lotti, don't be daft - your idea of spraying the bed is going to cause you more harm than allowing bed-bugs or house centipedes to bite! 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ashlar

Postby ashlar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:34 pm

markie
Brill link

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lotti
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lotti » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:34 pm

houseman wrote:lotti, don't be daft - your idea of spraying the bed is going to cause you more harm than allowing bed-bugs or house centipedes to bite! 8O

Many people spray the bed before getting into it . It happens a lot in OZ . I really don't like sharing my bed with them so I won't....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oddball
Super User!
Super User!

Postby oddball » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:50 pm

:o
Yep, have to agree with Lotti, we too spray the room and the bed and check under the pillows and shake the quilt etc before we get in. However, I have now bought a memory foam mattrass topper and apparently no bed bugs or insects will go near it, :P something in the memory foam that repels them. But just to be sure, I will also get a huge net for around the bed. All the windows are fitted with those fly net screens so should have a bug free comfortable bed :)

Oddy :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lotti
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lotti » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:13 pm

So glad I'm not the only 'daft' one on this site :wink: :D :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oddball
Super User!
Super User!

Postby oddball » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 pm

:roll: Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii there can only be ONE!!! guess who that daft mare is :roll:

Oddy :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Luc
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Luc » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:33 pm

Lotti you really do make me laugh.......

Somehow it is strangely comforting to know that other people are having the same centipede nightmares, I just thought they were singling my house out for some reason.

The eleven that we had in the house the other night were hoovered up when we got in at 1am, the neighbours will start to think that we have a cleaning addiction.

As animal and insect respecting vegetarians we have been tipping them out into the furthest point within the garden. However my centipede phobia is really starting to test my morals and I am sure that I will be killing the little b**ger on my next visit.......

Gold topped raid....here we come!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Griswalds

Postby Griswalds » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:12 pm

The next time we go over to bul my family will stay in a hotel for the night while me & my daughter go to the house to hoover & spray, because my grandaughter is petrified of those horrible creetchers, the last time we was there she was sat on the rug playing & a big furry one run past her, she begged us to take her home, we settle'd her in bed telling her we wont see anymore when one ran across the ceiling, we all sleep with the light on, there's only my husband that's not bothered by them, that's because he's to rakia'd up to notice. :lol:

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”