Centipedes and millipedes

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lotti
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lotti » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi Luc ,

I started off trying to be nice to them by trying to suck them into my pink battery operated spider catcher!!!! But they where just to big to be sucked into it :cry: I do manage to catch other things in it that are then set free out side ... So far I've only had 1 spider thats to big to be sucked up .. BG is a great country but has some very large creepy crawlies yuck. When I'm in bg alone I sleep with a can of the gold raid in bed with me just in case :lol:

So you are not alone :lol:
Lotti

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
HarPe

Postby HarPe » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:35 pm

lotti wrote:Hi Luc ,

When I'm in bg alone I sleep with a can of the gold raid in bed with me just in case :lol:

So you are not alone :lol:
Lotti

So .... does your pink battery operated thingummy not work in bed then Lotti ?????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gushter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby gushter » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:42 pm

The best thing to do is just leave them alone to get on with their job of keeping the household food chain balanced!

As the Wikpedia article to which a link was posted on page 1 of this thread points out:

'House centipedes feed on spiders, bedbugs, termites, cockroaches, silverfish, ants and other household arthropods.....Because they eat household pests, house centipedes are considered among the most beneficial creatures that inhabit human dwellings...'

Eradicate your friendly house centipedes and you may find some of the other 'unpopular' occupants in your house taking advantage of their absence and giving you something else to worry about.

And anyway, you are never going to successfully get rid of them all, there are plenty more lurking about unseen waiting to slip into your house and replace their deceased fellow centipedes. Just learn to accept them and live with them.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lotti
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lotti » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:46 pm

OH Harpe :oops: no its a special spider catcher its looks like a pink flower pot then has the tube for sucking up the spiders , then on top it has a flower which acts like a lid .. That stops the spiders running out before you get them outside ... And when i'm half asleep its easier to just spray anything that moves !!!!!!!

Lotti

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:35 pm

Had loads of those long-legged centipedes in my house during the summer. After the initial shock of seeing the first couple, I stopped worrying about them. They can't half run though! :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:36 pm

welsh-Vi wrote:Found this in the bathroom !!! 8O
Anybody know what it is? Does it bite? And do they have large families ??? 8O 8O

http://www.mybulgaria.info/show-bulgari ... 13106.html

There`s 2 other pics of it in my gallery.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BenC
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby BenC » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:03 pm

welsh-Vi wrote:Found this in the bathroom !!! 8O
Anybody know what it is? Does it bite? And do they have large families ??? 8O 8O

http://www.mybulgaria.info/show-bulgari ... 13106.html

There`s 2 other pics of it in my gallery.

looks like it could be a lighter to me 8O

watch out for, in the wrong hands it could be very very dangerous. :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lotti
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lotti » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Oh Vi

That is horrible even worse than the ones i get !!!! Mine are hairy on the legs did yours go in the bath room for a wax ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lotti

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Baxter
<b>Prop Management/Transport Services</b

centipede

Postby Baxter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 am

I'm not worried about the scuttling fast long legged centipedes but the one we found last night was a differant matter! Our son went to bed at 21.00pm, we were settling down to watch Elizabeth on TV1000 when we heard him shout. He'd heard the patter of tiny feet, turned over and saw a long dark creature moving up the side of his wardrobe (near his head). We ran up to find a monster 7cm long, thick dark centipede in his room.

We normally don't kill creatures like this but the thought of it in our son's room turned us into crazed murderers, out came the raid. The monster wasn't the one with yellow legs which our neighbours say are dangerous but was scary enough. Took a while for him to get to sleep after that!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Baxter
<b>Prop Management/Transport Services</b

centipede

Postby Baxter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:42 am

PS - I was wrong have just measured the dead body! it was 10cms.

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”