Cider

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bulldoggeorge
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby bulldoggeorge » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:41 pm

If anybody is in the South East, there is an open day at keepers nursery. They will give you all the help and advice you want regarding apples and pears, in fact most fruit.
http://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk/appleday.aspx

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:16 pm

The results of last years cider making are now in.....

and we have very good, very applely cider vinegar! :cry: We are now set up for cider vinegar for some time in fact......

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
emz

Postby emz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:19 pm

hi, they also sell small bottles of strongbow in metro in v.t and also in billa in v.t.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

leedarkwood wrote:The results of last years cider making are now in.....

and we have very good, very applely cider vinegar! :cry: We are now set up for cider vinegar for some time in fact......

What went wrong and how was the 2010 batch?

Do they sell commercially presses here or does one have to make their own? I still don't see how a car jack comes into it though so I guess, I'll have to view on You Tube or similar.

I only have one apple tree that was bearing fruit when I arrived at this place last September and they were big Cooking Apples so, if they produce this year then, I ought to try and make some Scrumpy with them.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Fri May 28, 2010 4:45 am

We are planning to import from the UK a scratcher, which breaks up the apples and maybe a press, is anyone interested in sharing the costs of transport?

Didn't get cyder made last year, too hectic and want to have proper equipment this time.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Very very pleased to annouce that the 2011 cider is now ready for drinking! We have over 500 liters of a very nice farmhouse style scrumpy, with a full apple taste, and 5.5 % alcohol content, which is not immediately detectable until you have drunk quite a bit, in the true scrumpy tradition. It is made from 100% natural and organic (i.e. as in not been sprayed with anything for several years, not that we have registered as organic producers) apple juice with no added sugar, or indeed added anything. It is somewhat cloudy but free from apply debris, being only filtered through cloth not to within an inch of it's life through a filter press.

We now are starting the process to legalise our production and tax implications, and looking to bottle in .33 lt glass bottles for bars and hotels, or possibly available in new pet 10 litre containers for home consumpion.

We are looking to double our production if we have another good fruit year to 1000 litres next year.

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”