I HATE the wood burning stove. Any alternatives please.

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Ontario
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ontario » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:23 pm

karenm wrote:
Theres a solar panel factory close to ruse that is about 1/4 of Uk prices for panels

Don't suppose you remember the name of that company do you :?:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
karenm

Postby karenm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Ontario wrote:
karenm wrote:
Theres a solar panel factory close to ruse that is about 1/4 of Uk prices for panels

Don't suppose you remember the name of that company do you :?:

www.bgsolarpanels.com

I asked them for installer prices so that was for so many kw

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Ontario
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Ontario » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks for that, I have book-marked their site.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jadamwilliams
<b>Transport Services/Translations</b>

Postby jadamwilliams » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 pm

http://www.bgsolarpanels.com/

products look ok ,mono and poly- crystal photo voltaic panels, meeting international standards and normal lifetime guarantees for such products. but no prices given on site. Have messaged them and will post latest prices they quote - or does anyone know ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
karenm

Postby karenm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm

jadamwilliams wrote:http://www.bgsolarpanels.com/

products look ok ,mono and poly- crystal photo voltaic panels, meeting international standards and normal lifetime guarantees for such products. but no prices given on site. Have messaged them and will post latest prices they quote - or does anyone know ?

I think the price was in the region of 230 euros for the 235

My friends in england said he paid around 800 poundsbut this was installed for him by a dealer

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:19 pm

[quote="karenm"]

I have the 34kw boiler (wood burner) but sometimes this is too much when days are mild, and I find myself having to burn wood for the sake of it just to keep the fire going[/quote]

Why do you need to keep the fire going on mild days?
We also have a 34kW wood burner, powering 13 radiators and have no problem letting it go out on mild days, or even mild nights of which last night was a case in point. That could be down to insulation I suppose, which is by far the cheapest method of ensuring warmth in winter and coolness in summer.
Also, picking up on a point that MW mad re smoke from the fire into the house. If you have that situation your installation is wrong. Sack your heating engineer and either get someone who knows what they're talking about or try doing a bit of research on Google regarding chimneys and stack effect. It's not rocket science.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jadamwilliams
<b>Transport Services/Translations</b>

Postby jadamwilliams » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:29 pm

karenm wrote:
jadamwilliams wrote:http://www.bgsolarpanels.com/

I think the price was in the region of 230 euros for the 235

My friends in england said he paid around 800 poundsbut this was installed for him by a dealer[/quote

thanks karenm - will post the prices of all the products here when they get back to me ..

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
karenm

Postby karenm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Slaphead wrote:
karenm wrote:
I have the 34kw boiler (wood burner) but sometimes this is too much when days are mild, and I find myself having to burn wood for the sake of it just to keep the fire going

We also have a 34kW wood burner, powering 13 radiators and have no problem letting it go out on mild days, or even mild nights of which last night was a case in point. That could be down to insulation I suppose, which is by far the cheapest method of ensuring warmth in winter and coolness in summer.
Also, picking up on a point that MW mad re smoke from the fire into the house. If you have that situation your installation is wrong. Sack your heating engineer and either get someone who knows what they're talking about or try doing a bit of research on Google regarding chimneys and stack effect. It's not rocket science.

There are many days when heat is needed for couple of hours also there will always be heat loss from windows walls ceilings that requires just a little heat to bring the temperature back up.

I am going to install one inverter heat pump to run when the wood burner is not required and see how that goes. I do not have aircon for summer so two birds in one

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
karenm

Postby karenm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Slaphead wrote:
karenm wrote:
I have the 34kw boiler (wood burner) but sometimes this is too much when days are mild, and I find myself having to burn wood for the sake of it just to keep the fire going

By the way I have been researching using search engines since well before google or any other of the mainstream searech engines existed

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:49 pm

[quote="karenm"][quote="Slaphead"][quote="karenm"]

I have the 34kw boiler (wood burner) but sometimes this is too much when days are mild, and I find myself having to burn wood for the sake of it just to keep the fire going[/quote]

Also, picking up on a point that MW mad re smoke from the fire into the house. If you have that situation your installation is wrong. Sack your heating engineer and either get someone who knows what they're talking about or try doing a bit of research on Google regarding chimneys and stack effect. It's not rocket science.[/quote]

By the way I have been researching using search engines since well before google or any other of the mainstream searech engines existed[/quote]

Well done.
The query still stands.

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”