Donkey manure

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
silky4015

Postby silky4015 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 am

Donkey manure can be composted, however, its best if collected while it is fresh.

Although not quite as good as cow manure, it is a fine additive if added to food waste and other composting materials. It must be composted before use.

A compost pile does two things, 1) it heats up the manure, killing any weeds seeds that are present. 2) It rots down to a fine loam which is good for the plants.

A composting bin is not essential, but does help to retain the heat and keeps the area looking clean.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
PosabinaPete

Postby PosabinaPete » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 am

and the worms from a compost heap are great for fishing

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:45 am

Composting dung or not no one in our village uses it, most just get by with rotating crops even though mushroom compost is free some 20 miles away if you provide your own transport.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 am

A cow man once gave me some dung. He shoveled it into sacks and plonked it in the back of the Toyota. Silly me, as I drove home the juice leaked out of the sacks. :oops: Peter was not happy. Still I had a bumper crop that year. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:38 pm

On manure you do have to be aware that if you medicate include vaccinate an animal, the manure during a period might not be useable. Some rules somewhere about horses if memory serves. General, cannot eat an animal, because of medication then perhaps applies to there dung. Might be why lamb meat tastes better in BG, less intense not full of sixteen vaccines etc.

If anyone has access to mushroom, chicken, etc rotted manure although consider fesh. Burgas region near the border be very interested find that address.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 pm

BG meat is as full of vaccines as any other animal in the EU. And anyway, they wouldn't affect taste.

I can't quite believe I'm reading a thread about donkey crap.

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”