Villages NOT worth living in!

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Villages NOT worth living in!

Postby booboo » Tue May 24, 2011 5:37 am

Hopefully the MOD won't mind and can see the point of this thread, helping people avoid bad places. Obviously it is subjective to personal opinion, but that what forums are.

It won't always be because you live there and think it's dire, it might just be an opinion you formed from passing through. Perhaps it stinks, or just looks nasty.

I offer you Dobroselets as a start.

And Sinapovo which as well as covering the 2 points mentioned above also has a massive crime rate!

So what villages have you lived in or passed through that you would prefer to keep driving away from?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Tue May 24, 2011 5:51 am

With some respect, in my opinion, a rather negative thread?
You may find some people who have moved on for one reason or another, but is this not demeaning to, and categorizing, those living there?

regards.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Tue May 24, 2011 6:28 am

MOONLIGHT wrote:With some respect, in my opinion, a rather negative thread?
You may find some people who have moved on for one reason or another, but is this not demeaning to, and categorizing, those living there?

regards.

You are probably right to be fair, however it might help some people who buy blindly (perhaps it's their own fault for doing such a thing) but then later think 'if only we knew what sh hole the village was'. Perhaps this goes some way to offering some advice to those who want to avoid horrible villages.

Their is no denying that there are plenty out there.

Not naming the places (and yes it's only personal opinion but that doesn't make it irrelevant) is like keeping a secret.

I am struggling for an exact UK example, but I think in general people would accept that Moss Side in Manchester is regarded as not an ideal place to live. So if you were thinking of moving to Manchester for example and no one mentioned that Moss Side is not that great a place to live then you might be a little upset that no one cared to mention it. In fairness Moss Side might be lovely I dunno, but that is kind of the point of why personal opinion shared on such a topic could be of help.

IMHO

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:37 am

numbers 1 & 10 and of course Vromos Bay:

http://www10.antenna.nl/wise/index.html?http://www10.antenna.nl/wise/439-440/bulgaria.html

There's a whole other list of things to avoid, chemical factories, steel works, lead works etc etc Given most of these were built and run during the good old days you can bet your life they are not nice/safe places to live near.

Not trying to put you off. But if you were buying in the Uk, you wouldn't buy this place would you:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 6&t=k&z=17

Then zoom out a pinch :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue May 24, 2011 7:57 am

Of course, everyone has their opinion on such a subject, but unless you drive through a village that resembles a trash can, you might find something that suits your needs.

Folk talk about 'too many Roma' and yet you can find villages with a large Roma population that are CLEAN and TIDY.

When I told some folk about where I was buying my house, a former REA stated, 'oh that village was on our Black List as it has NO mains water'.

This was of course correct, but the former REA had NEVER visited my village and had only got this information from her employees. I knew from the outset that we didn't have mains water and had already got the borehole sorted. Another Bulgarian who lives about 1.5 hours away from where my village is, told me, 'they don't clear the roads up there during the winter'. Another negative, because he wanted me to buy something off him in his village. They do clear the snow as a matter of fact and if they didn't, we would be completely cut off.

There a plus and minus factors to every village, if the minus outweighs the plus, move on or avoid. I cannot name ONE village where I couldn't live, but some that I wouldn't wish to live, but not necessarily because they are a cesspit, just they don't float my boat.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
pandasharka

Postby pandasharka » Tue May 24, 2011 8:10 am

I can see a topic like this escalating into hundreds of pages of nominations which any potential buyer in the UK would a) not have time to trawl through b) not have time to locate these villages on the bulgarian map.

Rather than a hit list of places to avoid why not concentrate on the villages to consider as a place to buy?

That surely would be more beneficial?

If the moderators have plenty of spare server storage capacity for a thread like this then excellent, but I don't personally see the value of what could turn into a very long list of largely irrelevant villages to avoid to would-be buyers?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 am

Im not going to actually name my village as it has about 400+ houses and they are pretty much segregated into 2 areas the "old" are and the "new" and the areas have very different characteristics so it would be very unfair to castigate the whole village.

The "old" area with the 50 m2 houses containing the indigenous local population is lovely, clean and happy.

The "new" are (sadly where i live) with the 500 m2 villas with 3m walls round them and electric gates is a total Sh*t Hole with rubbish every ware,construction rubbish filling and blocking the water causes barking guard dogs, perpetual construction noise (today we have the still saw again) and miserable people who turn up once a month and NEVER say hello. The roads (compacted soil) are now ruined and virtually un passable for normal cars as the 5.0L 4x4's demonstrate there power by tearing up the hill and simultaneously tearing up the road.

As i said ill not name and shame it but if your thinking of moving to a village near the coast & Burgas that fits this description take heed - oh and ive been told the agents pay for rubbish etc to be cleared up prior to Brits Viewing so it looks ok when you turn up!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue May 24, 2011 8:42 am

pandasharka wrote:I can see a topic like this escalating into hundreds of pages of nominations which any potential buyer in the UK would a) not have time to trawl through b) not have time to locate these villages on the bulgarian map.

Rather than a hit list of places to avoid why not concentrate on the villages to consider as a place to buy?

If the moderators have plenty of spare server storage capacity for a thread like this then excellent, but I don't personally see the value of what could turn into a very long list of largely irrelevant villages to avoid to would-be buyers?

www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php?name=Fo ... 248#438248

Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 am

pandasharka wrote:I can see a topic like this escalating into hundreds of pages of nominations which any potential buyer in the UK would a) not have time to trawl through b) not have time to locate these villages on the bulgarian map.

That's all well and good but many (most perhaps) find their 'dream' house (whether that is based on cost or beauty) on the internet and then arrange a viewing. Once they find the village name, they can enter it on here via the search facility and hopefully it does not appear on this thread (if it does indeed become as long as you suggest). I would suggest therefore it's more useful to know where to avoid rather than trawling 100's of REA in the hope of finding one you actually like in a recommended village.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Panda there is a thread of good ones.

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ic&t=43249

The good thing about having a Good one and a Bad one is that when you are thinking of buying and do a search on that particular village then it will pop up in either. If you just get the good ones, then you may never know that its downwind from a sulphur dioxide chimney or built on a uranium piling dump.

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”