Villages NOT worth living in!

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Does this mean another kangaroo court on here...? Come on folks it wasn't even booboo's thread. If I remember correctly it was split by MOD a while ago from another discussion!!

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Having never lived in another Bulgarian village I don't really have much to compare Rusalya to . There aren't a lot of Brits (only one remaining long term resident ) , or gypsies for that matter , but a lot of the locals drink , some get drunk regularly , and some are regularly drunk well before lunchtime . However I've never seen a fight , although I have heard tell of the occassional one , and when I've been severely harrassed by some drunken local down the bar , some other less drunken locals have always stepped in to alleviate the situation . I am regularly asked to buy people drinks , which I usually decline to do , and this seems to be accepted with relatively good grace . Some people might consider that Rusalya was a village not worth living in , thats fine by me , I'm good with the drunken locals , and don't need a load of prissy Brits moving in and complaining . Tim .

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:21 am

VILLAGES NOT WORTH LIVING IN .....according to whom?

if this is a serious thread lets look at settlements built around chemical and or other carcinogenic or potentially harmful to health sites. Surely these are to be avoided?

lets then look at villages which have been taken over by sigani - guess this is attractive only to a very few who are not sigani.

as to who likes what village that is subjective and the way this thread is going it's rapidly ceasing to be credible

Don't blame those of you defending your villages from vitriolic attack ....

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Wrong village stated ?

Postby yankv8 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:24 pm

In the opening thread or post you mentioned a village called SINAPOVO which Sinapovo is it . as i live in SINAPOVO near Elhovo.Topolograd and have heard of no crime!
A sweaping statement or wrongly posted OR even as i suspect a wrong village name or area,can be very harmfull and also put people off the wrong village or area.
Our SINAPOVO midway between Elhovo and Topolograd is crime free OK and a very nice place to live,ask all the Brits living here,then the locals.

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:56 am

yankV8 , do you have moving statues ?

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:40 am

Last edited by Simonita on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Bad village ????

Postby yankv8 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:27 am

Not that i know of.are they dangerous ?

Who is this BooBoo ? Have they a house in SINAPOVO,thats the Sinapovo between Elhovo and Topolograd,as there are a few apparantly across Bulgaria,
I moved here from the Harmanli area in May this year,and have found it to be a very nice,clean,friendly place with plenty going on,and close to 2 fairly good towms.
Maybe theres an underlying reason for slagging them off ?Didnt get on with someone (Brit/Bulgarian) etc,I have heard that there was a 'bully' that lived here,and was unsavoury but is in prison for his crimes,and i doubt will be out,and IF he comes back to the village will not be welcomed by anyone,to say the least.
I can say the Sinapovo where i now live,is a good village,so does the other 20 or more full timers and i guess the others that come in the summer,Ihaven't seen anyone drunk,but then again i dont hanh around bars till all hours,yje localbobby is a nice chap,who calls in to see us regulary as we are newcomersmoffers us help and advixe,we also have his phone number,how good is that,! The Mayor is spot on and her door is always open and we;re on the net Sinapovo.
Come on BooBoo speak up,say why or what you found wrong,maybe give your rea lname and where you lived....

malman

Postby malman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:17 pm

a village is ideal for some people, and a major inconvenience for others, personally i like to be around life :) so a village is not for me but i can see why people would like to be in the middle of nowhere doing there own thing, good luck to them all...

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Idiot or jusr stirrer ?

Postby yankv8 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:48 pm

This thread was specifically slagging off 2 villages,one where i live now,but i see nothing wrong with it,it has loads of life and plenty to offer and only 10 kms from 2 towns,so not in the middle of no where.....
I just find it peculiar for someone to head and mention these villages,then not answer to someone ' who actually lives in one' unless its of course a different village thier talking about as there are several Sinapovos dotted about the country...where is this person,back in UK,not interested in BG or this site ?
Maybe thier explaining a village of 5 or more years ago ? and lots can change in that time,i challenge anyone who lives close enough to visit this clean,pleasant,sociable place,and compare it to thiers or anywhere else ,as there are far worse.

yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Love Sinapovo (Elhovo(

Postby yankv8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:09 pm

I'd like to let you know that the Brits and Bulgars have got together,to run a few parties,a raffle and other things for the village,fun was had by all,several won big levs,also over 170 lev was given to the Kamet,to go towards another project or kids party.There are many ideas in the pipeline,Bravo to all who started and contrabuted towards this village Sinapovo(Elhovo),i am privalaged to be a part of it.
By the way there are several Brits buying here ,right now,contracts being signed,so BooBoo whoever you are,...its not working ,what you set out to do,and as you have not answered your post/thread,i feel you might have made a huge mistake eh !

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”