Stray Dog what should i do?

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:18 pm

I bet it comes back unless it went off to die.

We have a MOD that shortly might need shooting if we can't re-home him. Nice to know that there are so many kind hearted souls about ready to do the dirty work. However, you that shoot, get to dig the hole for the grave too. :wink:

My Wife witnessed so called hunters yesterday shooting a fox, but only wounding it and their underfed dogs tracked it quickly and ripped it to pieces more or less in front of her eyes. Now't so cruel as MAN and in the name of sport as well.

Each to their own, I guess. :(

royalblew
Super User!
Super User!

Postby royalblew » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:07 pm

it is all very well saying look after it and give it a home, if i wanted a dog I would get one, I don't want one , but I was willing to take the dog to the vet and have him sorted out which would have been at my expense.
If you have nothing constructive to say don,t say anything

Painter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Painter » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:45 pm

royalblew wrote:it is all very well saying look after it and give it a home, if i wanted a dog I would get one, I don't want one ,

Yes but you will be very surprised how any animal can suddenly grow on you; especially when fate brought you together.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Yet again the stray dog episode rears its ugly head.

Do not feed them.
Take them to a vet if poss.
Do not take one in if you do all the villages unwanted mutts will be dumped in your garden.

Stop being soft and shoot them. 8) 8)

Gazza

dogs

Postby Gazza » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm

To the dog shooter Someone should shoot you :D

guitarman

Postby guitarman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:34 am

royalblew wrote:it is all very well saying look after it and give it a home, if i wanted a dog I would get one, I don't want one , but I was willing to take the dog to the vet and have him sorted out which would have been at my expense.
If you have nothing constructive to say don,t say anything

You said in your opening post you would love to keep him. You say you were willing to take him to the vet. You did neither of those things. Absolutely fair enough. But you asked for suggestions. Sounds like replies were only "constructive" if they were what you wanted to hear.

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Don't know about ur village but ours has a "designated" shooter. He doesn't bother about the animals till he gets several calls about them. He finds a day in his schedule and does his job, leaving residents in peace again for another 2-3mths.

Sounds harsh but has to be done. If only villagers didn't allow their umpteen cats and dogs to have about 10 litters between them a year then there really wouldn't be a problem. ( I know one neighbour's animals have produced around 30 kittens and 8 dogs since May this year!, all just chased away or dumped, god knows how many the village has produced!!!!)

I have to agree with the voices saying shoot it, because dumping it elsewhere merely kicks the problem down the road.

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

I think it is illegal to shoot them and there are now more and more people (locals) who are making criminal complaints against these shooters.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 pm

So If you are correct then they will have a slow lingering starvation death.

Does that make sense. 8) 8) 8)

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Whatever you or I may think is immaterial Banjo.

That is the animal welfare law. There have been some reported prosecutions and there is a growing tide of Bulgarians who are making official complaints against people who abuse animals.

The TNR programme favoured in BG and by the WHO is in BG to stay - unless of course you want to start a campaign to repeal it :lol:

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”