newbie saying hi

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

untamedfilly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

newbie saying hi

Postby untamedfilly » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:46 am

Hiya everyone just to introduce myself, I live in Birmingham and bought a house a year ago with a friend in the Lubimetz area.
Any advice/info would be greatly recieved!

wandy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby wandy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi Untamedfilly
Welcome to the forum.
If you are more precise about the kind of info/advice you are after, i am sure that someone will be along to help.
The Mrs is a Brummie as well, but we try to keep that quiet.
Once again WELCOME :D

monalisa
Super User!
Super User!

Postby monalisa » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:48 pm

:) Hi untamedfilly

Welcome to my bg, there is lots of info on this site and I think it covers most of the questions you may have, if not just ask and I,m sure someone will help.

Kind regards.

untamedfilly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby untamedfilly » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi wandy and Monalisa nice to meet you! :D ( a fellow brummie thats cool!)

am new to all this chat stuff too, so forgive if i do anything wrong!

Am hoping to be in Bg in may with my friend who co-owns house we will be driving and I am hoping to bring my dogs too. I know about the passporting system here and wondered if any one has actually taken dogs out there ? and how they coped?

Be nice to meet up for some local beer and Vino! when we are out there

feel welcome already! :D

Sally

janhar

Postby janhar » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi Sally
we drove over from the Outer Hebrides with our dog. btw she is called Sally. had absolutely no probs with her. so if you need any help just ask and I'll do my best to help.
cheers
Jan

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi untamedfilly, welcome to My Bulgaria!

Quite a few people have driven with their dogs to Bulgaria - here's a couple of threads (topics) to get you started:

Driving to BG with our dog
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... light=dogs

Transporting dogs from the UK to Bulgaria
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... light=dogs

A great way to find others in your area is to use the Property Owner Search located in the left hand column under the green 'Information' title. Just click the link then click on the map in the area you're interested in - and a list of other members there will appear on the right! Purely voluntary, but if you already have a place in Bulgaria you might like to add yourself to the map which can be done through your Profile Page.

Good luck! Mod 8)

wilola
Super User!
Super User!

Postby wilola » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 pm

hi untamedfilly, welcome to the forum and bulgaria.

we have driven over 11 times now and twice with our dog, coming over no probs but you have to have worms and flea treatment with 24 hrs of returning to uk, and pastport does not cover serbia, any more in for just ask.

regards wilola

untamedfilly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby untamedfilly » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks alot Guys appreciate the help!
sally :wink:

monalisa
Super User!
Super User!

newbies say Hi

Postby monalisa » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:41 pm

:) Hi again untamedfilly.

We brought of Staffordshire bull terrier with us last January he was 9 months old then and I was worried how he would cope with the journey, so I went to Holland and Barrett and bought a small bottle of rescue relief it's for humans but I gave a few drops directly in my dogs mouth every day we travelled, and we drove for 8hours a day, it took us 6days because we were pulling a 8ft box trailer (because of weight could only do 40mph)

We stayed overnight at several hotels along the way and they had no problem with us having the dog but we had to pay 10euros extra for him, small price to pay for my baby boy, we did have a portable 2 x 3ft cage for him to sleep in at night and I think that helped with the hotels that accommodated us.

Wishing you all the very best with your journey and hope this was helpful to you.

tedthered
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tedthered » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi, Untamed Filly

Welcome to the site, you will surely find the answers to all your questions here

Cheers

Ted the Red

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”