newbie saying hi

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

untamedfilly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby untamedfilly » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Monalisa.. again thanks for all the info and would love to meet up when we are near each other areas, so many places in BG to see yet!
So glad the vets are cheaper than here! as I hope to be taking at least two of my horses (when i do finally make the move!) will need to get chatting to anyone else thats transported horses out there too! lots of rescue remedy needed then!
I only use it when I fly! but the horses like it :lol:

Karen penny and thewig

thanks for the advice guys!

Benjy ... be good to meet up when you are out there as we are so close, have only been out there 3-4 times and only met other english folk at the holiday resorts be nice to know some closer to our new home!

sally

rainey
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby rainey » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 pm

hi everyone
i am a newbie to the forum and am just learning how to use the site,not a wizz on a pc.my username is rainey,i would firstly like to thank everyone for their help.my name is christine the hubby is called phil,we are from newcastle,but currently live in northumberland,toon army supporters of course.we are in the process of selling our property,and have decided to move lock stock and barrel,with our 2 dogs.we were originally going to move to portugal,but it has taken us 2 years to sell our pub,that we have been priced out of the market,we are intending to drive out,and rent,down in the south area inland.we want to buy a house that is liveable but needs some work,we then want to buy another couple to renovate.we want village life but would also like there to be some expats,hoping to get to bg about may/june.any information anyone has would be great no matter what.have saved info so far,from all who have pm me.i am constantly reading this site
thanks again
rainey

sue58

Postby sue58 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:36 pm

hello, christine ane phil, i`m also a newbie. sue and graham we currently live in durham also selling up here we run a toy shop in crook which is up for sale we have sold our house and driving to our house in BG on 23rd of this month. we have a house 10 miles from sunnybeach in a rural village gylyoftsa bought it 4 years ago also rebuilding another house on same plot which we intend to let for holidays.we love the village live and locals are very friendly. good luck. sue. :)

untamedfilly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby untamedfilly » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi Christine and Phil
Welcome to the site, and soon Bulgaria!

We bought our house in a small village called Yerusalimovo, nr Lubymetz.
Its on the greek/turkish border nice spot and weather always good! house needs lots of worked we managed to stay in it for 2 weeks last september was fun like camping! Going out again in May be good to meet up when we are all out there we too looking to meet other ex pats. We will relocate one day just no date as yet, still need to get house more livable. We are taking our two dogs in may and hope to be out there at least 6 weeks..

if we can help in any way dont hesitate to ask

Sally and Adrian :D

monalisa
Super User!
Super User!

newbie say hi !!

Postby monalisa » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:12 pm

:) Welcome Christine & Phil and Sue & Graham.

Enjoy the journey to your new future!! Life is a rollercoaster, hold on tight and enjoy the ride. Wishing you all the very best in your new adventure.

untamedfilly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby untamedfilly » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:36 pm

Welcome Sue and Graham

and good luck with your move, house and new life in Bg!

sally

dfmdaz
<b>Transport Services</b>

Postby dfmdaz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:56 am

Hi peeps,

My missus and i have just bought a house in the Stara Zagora area, and are hopefully moving out about November this year. This all depends on the progress of Renting out the house i have in the UK.
The house (in BG) is liveable but needs updating (as im sure is most peoples case) so will be looking for advice on various things Such as Plumbing and Re-Wiring soon. I plan on doing most of the work myself with the help of my Dad who is retiring soon, and has built Extensions to his house (in UK), very handy.

I have a Landscaping business in UK, which i hope to keep running from BG, so will eventually be looking for work in this field.
I have a interest in Martial Arts, so any info on Clubs in my area would be appreciated. Or i may look into starting something myself. I've seen others mention this on this site so will try to get in touch with them.

We're really looking forward to the move.

Cheers Daz.

untamedfilly
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby untamedfilly » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Daz

welcome!

All the info you need will be here on the site somewhere...lots of reading all I do at the mo!

Martial arts that would be a great new sport to get into out there was wondering how i would keep fit? Let us know if you find anything or set up yourself!

best wishes

Sally

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”