Hi

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Hi

Postby Seedy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:36 am

Hello all!

Im in france but im fed up with the proces and burocracie he so Im hoping to sell up and move to Bg.

Fromw what Ive seen her naybe Ive left it to late. Id love to hear your thoghts...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Seedy.

Welcome to MYBG. I'm sure you'll find loads of useful stuff on here, I know I did and still do!

Its certainly not too late to come here, the benefits of Bulgaria are many fold. However, if it is bureaucracy that drives you mad, it may be worth thinking it through. There is no shortage of red tape here, its just cheaper!

Good luck with your decision!

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Lucy_BG

Postby Lucy_BG » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:47 am

Hi Seedy,
I am another relatively new member but I can share with you that this place is real fun and you can communicate with interesting people and get lots of useful information.

In my experience, the best thing I have ever done for myself, was coming to Bulgaria. It's such a lovely place!

So, what are your plans, how do you see your coming to Bulgaria?

Cheers!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Olly
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Olly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Seedy,

Firstly welcome to the forumn!

I have a house for sale go to properties for sale on this site. Look at my gallery under olly.

I dont want to sell but finding it increasingly hard to get flights from Ireland and works out very expensive as I have 3 kids.

Funny thing I was thinking of buying in France easier to get to and my husband could fly over at weekends. We could do a house swap. Lol
Plus all my kids are doing french at school and I thought it would be good for them to learn french.

My house has a pool with a pool cover which I put in for € 20,000 in 2007 but it is so worth it cause Bulgaria gets so hot in the summer.

Anyways if you are not interested in my house feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions that I might be able to answer.

Though this site is absolutely fantastic you will find out everything on here!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
doyler79
Super User!
Super User!

Postby doyler79 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:03 am

welcome to the forums seedy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 am

Thats fab, olly! but I dont think i could afford somthing like that with a pool and all :-(

How much you asking and where is it? Im a bit lost with BG places still...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dezzie

Postby dezzie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:09 pm

hello seedy you wont regret your move to bulgaria :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:16 pm

Well I dont know. I keep reading stuuf here about its too late to buy and the house narket is down the pan. I dont want to make a big mistake! I like BG but it seems ther are people say do and some saying dont. I guess some are house agents, though? It aint easy trying to tell whats what :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Razor
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Razor » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Seedy, it's not too late to move, people referring to the market being on its arse mean for the short term investor, if you plan to live in Bulgaria it is still good value for money.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Karen_Penny
<b>Property Sales</B>

Hi

Postby Karen_Penny » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 pm

I want to tell you about my adoptive country which has nothing to do with property or investments but the reasons that I chose Bulgaria to live in.

The climate - I am into my second year of living here and this is my second summer. The seasons appear to be real season. Cold and snow in the winter, spring is a mixture of days in February I got sunburnt during the day the following evening it snowed, The Autums the days get cooler. Yesterday I went onto MSN wweather and found that for the next 10 days I can expect sunshine I looked at my home town of Southampton for the same 10 days and they can expect rain.

The People, Neighbours help one another, people are kind and decent, funny and respectful of each other. Children are allowed to be children not trying to grow up well before their time. Elderly people are cared for by their children and family values are still alive and kicking in Bulgaria.

The cost of living - This is relative as wages are not as high as they are in the UK or France my council tax bill was just 24 leva this year about 12 euro
my water bills are just 3 leva a month although in the summer the water in the villages can be restricted but whatever problems you experience the villages have experienced the problems and found the solution and are only too ready to show you how to get around these problems. My shopping bill at a German supermarket is between 100 and 200 leva per week and a meal with excellent wines for 4 people cost between 60 and 85 leva.

Crime levels - In spite of media sensationlism the Mafia do not shoot people down on the streets, in fact as a woman I would happily walk the streets at night without fear. The only time someone would approach me would be to ask if I needed any help.

Education - Levels of education are excellent here and especially the young people i.e. below 40 years of age speak and understand other languages. The other day a 10 ish yr old little boy asked me if I was english and wanted to talk to me about my dog, we talked for a while and I told him how good his English was and he told me "Thats exceedingly nice of you to say so".

There is so much more to life than the value of a property.

Welcome to the forum why not dip your toe in the water and find out if you like it

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”