NEWBIE saying hi here!

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnm74

NEWBIE saying hi here!

Postby johnm74 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:33 pm

hello everyone im from preston, and have a house in general kiselovo its near varna and dobrich.just want to know how people find it living on there own in bulgaria.thinking of moving out next year

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Welcome, there are quite a few threads on people living here on there own, I am sure you will find them very interesting.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
demoboy
<b>Tradesman</b>

Postby demoboy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi John, Welcome to the forum, I have a place near General Toshevo, Stayed there for two months earlier in the year, Not a bad region, can't comment on living there full time though, all the best to you.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

Postby yankv8 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi John,Welcome to the site.....research the forum,if you like living on your own then Bulgaria wont be a problem if your asking how hard it will be,then that's different as sometimes it can be quite frustrating,advise,learn the langauge,even basics unless your moving to the coast or a brit area.
As for being on your own,well you never will be as you've joined this site ! :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigal66
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bigal66 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:24 pm

hi john,i think i am just round the corner ,always back and forth,there is a lot of OVO'S around the area,klimentovo,alan

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Welcome John :lol: As others have said there are other threads in the main forums that you may find useful, the following link is a good recently updated one from various peeps that have been in BG full time for a while:

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 72&start=0

Also if you put your village 'name' of kiselovo into the forum search box and click 'seach forums' you will find some interesting snippets maybe?

Cheers

MOD :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi Johnm74.

Welcome to MYBG. I have lived on my own here for over a year and love it. I live in a village just north of Dobrich called Snop. Quite a few folks on here know me and I'm sure they will attest that I am thriving.

I came initially with zero/ziltch/nula knowledge of the language and no-one in the village spoke any English, but I think that made the learning process all the more fun! Nights down the pub with the locals and my dictionary working through communicating with each other. You get a lot of respect here for that.

The neighbours look after me and I have also developed an small English mutual support network in the area. For me it was and still is a big adventure.

Give me a shout if you want to know more or meet up sometime.

It's a Lancashire/Yorkshire thing though!

Cheers

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RICO
Super User!
Super User!

newbie saying hi here

Postby RICO » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 am

hi johnm74,

I am not to far away from you in england ,but i am well away from you in Bulgaria. i don't know much about being on your own in BG,as i have my boss (the wife) with me usually. I should learn some bulgarian language,even a few basic phrases goes a long way. good luck for the future.

rico

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:14 am

Definitely learning Bulgarian is the key. Get to grips with the alphabet. Get a dictionary English-Bulgarian-English, a phrase book, Teach Yoursellf Bulgarian. Then start on the adventure of actually USING the language.

Of course it is easier for those who have experience in learning foreighn languages. Howevere take heart everyone CAN learn something. You might not becoem a fluent speaker but you should be able to learn something that will help with communication. And you can have fun on the way !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi, there are a few british people in General Kisselovo, its a nice friendly village. The bulgarians are very friendly and helpful as well. I got my car bogged down in some mud and three locals came, armed with shovels and dug my car out. I paid them for their help but they certainly didnt ask for anything at the time. Very nice village. I dont live in the village but have friends who have houses there.

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”