Hoping to Live in Bulgaria soon

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
keiamand
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby keiamand » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 am

hi all villagers all not all remote i live just outside suuny beach in a village but there is still plenty in the village like shops butchers hairdressers bars placers to eat one bar pool table even a doctor now and pharmacey so you can still mix with people in the winter and are not just stuck in between four walls it all depends on the person come try and see what you think i did not but has worked ok for me
amanda

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:52 am

keiamand wrote:hi jinx
what area did you have your problem in and what did happen have you never got anything back
hate it when i hear things like this because it gives the place a bad name and were the people english whom ripped you off and off here
amanda

Please, have a look at www.villalorna.co.uk and my thread on property related fraud. As a result of fraud and organised crime we lost our beautiful Bulgarian home nearly 18 months ago. We, and the courts know that at least five perpetrators are involved and not one of them is BRITISH
The Bulgarian people who do these dirty deeds appear to be lovely honest people. They are very cleaver in befriending you, and finding out as much as they can about you, and all the time they are conning you
When you arrive at your home for a holiday in the middle of the night to find the gates heavily chained and padlocked and the villa door and security code changed it is not at all very pleasant especially when you have to spend the next week living out of a hotel, lawyer's office and police station
I am posting this because as I write we as a family are waiting on the Judges verdict on the civil case (Villa Lorna) and then there is a criminal case and a fraud case as it involves the selling on of the villa three times and the deeds showing a purchase price of 9.500 leva for a property without the furniture, swimming pool and garden wall valued by an expert at 140,000leva

Before anybody starts slagging me off about my attitude towards Bulgarian people, let me make it quite clear, we are not talking about the man/woman in the street or your next door neighbor. We have some very nice and pleasant Bulgarian friends, British as well I might add, who are constantly it touch with us and following the villa saga
We are talking about those people, who to them, it is about ripping people off and having no feelings or morals about doing it :(

If anybody know's the whereabouts of Dimitar Teoharov and Svetlana Kim, please make it know to the Dobrich Police and pm me with any information
DO NOT ALLOW THEM ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR PROPERTY :twisted:

And finally. Could anybody tell me what the procedure and time limit is from the last and final court hearing up to the judges verdict. I am lead to believe that under Bulgarian law it is 28 day's. It is now 29 day's and we have not heard a thing from our lawyer.
Maybe this is one for lawyer Cabbage

shebry :(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
keiamand
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby keiamand » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 am

hi have read about it and it is horrible hope you get some result and soon
amanda

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevo1954

Hello to you and welcome !

Postby stevo1954 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:23 am

Judging by some of the stuff written you may have already been frightened off lol !
I came here for 6 months a year last April and absolultley love the life here.
It pays to be 'streetwise' here as I consider I am, but even I was conned twice and I was being followed around by a film crew for 'Property Developer Abroad' !

All that said the standard of living and the quality of life far exceed anything I could have hoped for in the UK and I am now trying to make my mark as an Artist. Not having the pressure of having to earn lots of to pay rent or mortgage is the biggest difference, that and the beautiful weather most of the year.

TOP 10 TIPS

1 DON'T BE OBSESSED WITH THE SIZE OF PLOT WE BRITS GENERALLY AREN'T FARMERS AND THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE.

2 BUY A HOUSE THAT HAS A WELL, THAT WAY IF YOU DO WANT TO BE SELF SUFFICIENT YOU CAN BE ECONOMICALLY

3 ASK LOCALS ABOUT THE VILLAGE YOU CHOOSE BEFORE YOU BUY

4 IF YOU GET A VIEW IT MAY ALSO MEAN THAT YOU HAVE MONTHS WITHOUT WATER

5 DON'T GO FOR EDGE OF VILLAGE LOCATIONS UNLESS YOU LIVE THERE PERMANENTLY

6 ENSURE YOU HAVE A MADE ROAD TO YOUR HOUSE A TRACK QUICKLY TURNS TO A MUD BATH IN WINTER AND YOUR HOUSE MAY BE ISOLATED

7 LOOK FOR SIGNS OF LIFE IN THE VILLAGE CHILDREN SHOPS BUSES ARE ALL GOOD SIGNS

8 DON'T BUY A HOUSE WITH ANY CRACKS

9 ARE THERE HOUSES FALLING DOWN IN THE VILLAGE IF SO WHY ?

10 TRUST NO-ONE

I hope this helps, good luck and don't let the doubters put you off, it's a great life embrace the locals copy there way of life and learn to cook on a petchka. Don't expect it to be like the UK it isn't. If you have strict dietary needs forget it, are you prepared to make a 100 mile round trip for HP Baked Beans ! If your not healthy think twice or make private arrangements ! If you want a taster of life here check out our little village website www.cherkovo.com or my own website www.artstevo.com

I think that just about covers it LOL
Cheers for now and Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Martin Stephenson

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:25 am

We also live near the Turkish border, and its a great place to be based as you can just drive into Turkey or Greece quite easily. Also the winters are not so harsh down here on the South East BG border.
Have sent you a PM, have a read when you have time.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:26 am

keiamand wrote:hi have read about it and it is horrible hope you get some result and soon
amanda

So do we and thanks Amanda

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ThinkingaboutBulgaria
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby ThinkingaboutBulgaria » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 am

I would just like to add, that my parents are hoping to live in Bulgaria soon. However, I think this could be the case anywhere you move to. You can have both bad experiences and good experinces. I have lived in Scotland since I was two years old, gone to school here etc and I still dont feel welcome. Unlike some who move up to Scotland I didnt adopt a Scottish accent within 5 minutes of living here and kept my english accent. This has led to a lifetime of anti-English feeling and jokes. Which I might point is not seen as 'racism' but acceptable because its the 'auld enemy'.

As for being ripped off in Bulgaria, the same amounts to Scotland which has the same lauguage and structure that you are use to dealing with. As soon as they here your accent or think you have just moved up the price goes up or your treated not as locals would be.

So those thinking this would or could not happen in the UK or who are moving back dont think the UK is immune to these problems or experiences because its not.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:45 am

I think its important to go with an estate agent who has been recommended by someone who has used them theirselves. I got pally with a girl on here and when we came on a viewing trip we stayed with her and her hubby for a few days. I was able to talk about her agent, see the house, see all the renovation work he had done on it and make a good judgement on this guy from what I saw and from what she told me. In the end we bought a house through him, his firm did a total renovation on the house and its fabulous. So my advice would be to go with personal recommendations every time. I have heard so many stories about people being ripped off by agents and workmen, and thank my lucky stars that we got the one we did. If he had not been recommended to us then I dread to think what might have happened. I have friends who have lost thousands of pounds on poor renovations, and one guy actually lost his house and all his life savings, and now has to live in rented accomodation. So please be wary when you do come to buying. Having said all that, dont let it put you off moving to BG, its a great life.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am

I think its important to go with an estate agent who has been recommended by someone who has used them theirselves. I got pally with a girl on here and when we came on a viewing trip we stayed with her and her hubby for a few days. I was able to talk about her agent, see the house, see all the renovation work he had done on it and make a good judgement on this guy from what I saw and from what she told me. In the end we bought a house through him, his firm did a total renovation on the house and its fabulous. So my advice would be to go with personal recommendations every time. I have heard so many stories about people being ripped off by agents and workmen, and thank my lucky stars that we got the one we did. If he had not been recommended to us then I dread to think what might have happened. I have friends who have lost thousands of pounds on poor renovations, and one guy actually lost his house and all his life savings, and now has to live in rented accomodation. So please be wary when you do come to buying. Having said all that, dont let it put you off moving to BG, its a great life.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 pm

ThinkingaboutBulgaria wrote:I would just like to add, that my parents are hoping to live in Bulgaria soon. However, I think this could be the case anywhere you move to. You can have both bad experiences and good experinces. I have lived in Scotland since I was two years old, gone to school here etc and I still dont feel welcome. Unlike some who move up to Scotland I didnt adopt a Scottish accent within 5 minutes of living here and kept my english accent. This has led to a lifetime of anti-English feeling and jokes. Which I might point is not seen as 'racism' but acceptable because its the 'auld enemy'.

As for being ripped off in Bulgaria, the same amounts to Scotland which has the same lauguage and structure that you are use to dealing with. As soon as they here your accent or think you have just moved up the price goes up or your treated not as locals would be.

So those thinking this would or could not happen in the UK or who are moving back dont think the UK is immune to these problems or experiences because its not.

With all due respect. This is not about your personal life style in Scotland, this is much more important in warning people about the pitfalls regarding property related fraud and organised crime in Bulgaria. Our case is fact not fiction and if my posting can help to make people more aware of what can happen and is happening in Bulgaria with reference to organised crime then I make no apologises for trying to protect fellow Brit's
I can publish 10 good reasons for being there. I can also publish 10 bad reasons for not being there, so you live and let live.
Back on track. My postings are about Property related fraud and organised crime in Bulgaria, and I speak/write from experience. It's not meant to be a comparison with other countries
If your parents do move to Bulgaria, I wish them well and hope that they experience better luck than we have had
Last edited by shebry on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”