Hello from Gorna Oyahovitsa area

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:03 pm

Sorry but I wouldn't quite describe it like that Scot , it is however bustling and has a large station which I know is dear to your heart . Tim .

TGTGN

Postby TGTGN » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:31 pm

scot47 wrote:Gorna Oryahovitsa (with and "R" in there !) is actually quite a nice littele town. Not as fancy as its posh neighbour Veliko Turnovo but a prosperous tranpsort hub with quite a lot of light manufacturing. After seeing the rustbelts in other parts of BG it is ncie to visit a place where people still work !

Yes, my typing is atrocious! There certainly should be an 'R' as the second letter of "Oryahovitsa". :oops:

There is a large sugar factory there, but I don't think the wages are very high. One of the lads in the village got a job there after he was made redundant from the factory in the village. I understand that he gets about 300 leva per month, and has travel costs to get there.

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Sadly mate 300lev is sort of an average wage , although its true that if your on that little then travel costs hit you hard. Although its not something unique to Bulgaria , it is a major reason why people are gravitating to the towns and cities .Tim .

daveyboy1989

welcome

Postby daveyboy1989 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:45 pm

hi welcome to my bg
dave

Suzee

Postby Suzee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Hello from another ex-pat not too far from Gorna Oryahovitsa.

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”