Hello

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Skydog

Hello

Postby Skydog » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Hello to all on the forum. Me and 'im indoors and our dogs are moving to Elhovo from Dalaman, Turkey on 10th November. We have spent 5 years in Turkey and are looking for a fresh start in BG. We would love to hear from anyone in the Elhovo area and any advice they can offer would be greatly appreciated.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:05 pm

If you learned any Turkish it could be useful in some parts of Bulgaria. I am not sure how widely it is spoken in the Elhovo area, but around Shumen, Razgrad, Silistra, Kurdzhali and Haskovo it is widespread. Just do not expect Bulgarians to approve of you using the language of the former occupiers.
Last edited by scot47 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banshee
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby banshee » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi Skydog and welcome to the Forum.

Banshee :D

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi Skydog.

Welcome to MYBG and good luck in Elhovo.

Cheers

BGCarl

RICO
Super User!
Super User!

hello

Postby RICO » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:29 pm

hi skydog and welcome,are you actually moving to the town of Elhovo,or one of the surrounding villages? If you are moving to a village, say where exactly , someone who lives there,would probably be able to advise you,on that local area. There are several restaurants in Elhovo that brits frequent, managed i believe by brits,where you could possibly make yourself aquainted with brits of experience of the area. my advice would be take our time and check everything an everyone out,one hundred percent. Good luck.
rico

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”