Another 2 joining the mass exodus from Turkey

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Crawfie

Another 2 joining the mass exodus from Turkey

Postby Crawfie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are currently living in Turkey but during the summer decided to purchase a house in Koprivets, just east of Byala in the Ruse region.
Can't seem to find much info on this forum about Koprivets, but hopefully after a period of time living there I should be able to add some.
Over the last year we had 3 trips through Bulgaria to try and gain a feel for the place.
After the first visit we came away shaking our heads and thought straight away...NO it's not for us.
During the 2nd trip we entered thinking that this time we were going to look a bit deeper without the blinkers on, and at the possibility of actually living in Bulgaria, without the instant negativity of the first visit and we came away thinking...maybe....but it was still a 50/50.
The 3rd visit we looked at Bulgaria for what it really is and what it actually had to offer us and after staying with friends in Maslarevo we decided to go for it and came back to Turkey with a sales invoice in my mits for a property.
So we are spending the winter in Turkey then hopefully get started renovating the house in Bulgaria around the end of March.
There's a load of winter reading material on here, should keep me going for awhile !!

Cheers,
Ian.

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Welcome to MYBG Ian.

Hope your new venture goes well.

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Best of luck with your move.

Just type копривец (or copy and paste, if you don’t have a Cyrillic keyboard) into http://www.google.bg and you will find lots of references and a wealth of information about the town.

missbeans

moving from turkey

Postby missbeans » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:01 pm

hello and welcome. i also lived in turkey b4 buyingg in bulgaria and after several visits. no regrets, good luck. :wink:

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Ian.

Welcome to MYBG and good luck with your new place. As you have found, Bulgaria does grow on you. I have met loads of people whose first impression was negative, most of them love it now!

Cheers

BGCarl

Bordersrover

welcome to BG

Postby Bordersrover » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Greetings from Plovdiv and welcome to MYBG, should you need any info about Plovdiv and other related subjects about and from the area, please do not hesitate to contact.
We had our first snow fall and everywhere is white and clean until tomorrow when the sludge takes over.

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Welcome Crawfie. :smt039
I am intrigued by your suggestion that there is a mass exodus from Turkey, and it has left me wondering why this is. It has a lot going for it and I can't think of any major changes or issues that might lead to people giving up and relocating to BG.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:25 am

As Turkey becomes more Islamic, many people who have bought there are looking at moving out !

I have been travelling through Turkey for 20 years and the reversal of the secular policies and advance of Radical islam is quite noticeable. It must be more so for those who live there.

Kemal Ataturk, come back !

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:35 am

Thinks there was a change in residency/visa length of stay time etc back in summer that has left some people with problems (think it applys to that part of Cyprus that should not belong to Turkey as well), not 100% sure just something in the back of my mind.

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:32 am

good luck with your new venture Crawfie, this forum has loads of info on just about anything you need to know and a whole lot more! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”