here i am

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Blanche

here i am

Postby Blanche » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:52 am

hi all

just wanted to say hi......hi.............and tell you a bit about myself.

at the moment myself and hubby live in akbuk in turkey. we have been here going on for 3 years now. but for various reasons are thinking of moving on. bulgaria is one of the places we are considering. possibly the south east. definately not coastal or anywhere where there are tourists. we are actually planning a trip over in march just for a couple of weeks to try and get an intial impression of the country. if we think well yes maybe we then want to try and get a long term rental for 6-8 months over the summer period. although we understand that these can be hard to come by.

anyway now i've bored your brains out i will be off and get some serious reading done..........harry potter...........oh no i mean researching interesting topics like the state of the banking system yawn!!!!!!!! that can be one for the old lad

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Blanche,

Welcome to MYBG and good luck with your plans.

Think you will find here plenty of offers for a long-term let, and at good prices too.

Simonita

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:17 am

Welcome to the forum Blanche
You should find all you need to know here and notice that there are quite a few expats coming from your direction.

Wishing you luck with your research, you only have to ask and will be helped Im sure.

Nikki

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 am

Hello Blanche and welcome :smt039
Another couple quitting Turkey, it seems. Well, SE Bulgaria has a long history of people doing just that - even ethnic Turks.
You sound as if you are a lively one, your adventures will be eagerly awaited here!
:D

1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:27 am

Hi I love it here and Im sure you will as well.

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 am

Hi Blanche.

Welcome to MYBG and good luck with your search.

Cheers

BGCarl

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: here i am

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:50 am

Blanche wrote:hi all

just wanted to say hi......hi.............and tell you a bit about myself.

at the moment myself and hubby live in akbuk in turkey. we have been here going on for 3 years now. but for various reasons are thinking of moving on. bulgaria is one of the places we are considering. possibly the south east. definately not coastal or anywhere where there are tourists. we are actually planning a trip over in march just for a couple of weeks to try and get an intial impression of the country. if we think well yes maybe we then want to try and get a long term rental for 6-8 months over the summer period. although we understand that these can be hard to come by.

anyway now i've bored your brains out i will be off and get some serious reading done..........harry potter...........oh no i mean researching interesting topics like the state of the banking system yawn!!!!!!!! that can be one for the old lad

Welcome to the Forum. I don't know where you got that idea from [bold] bit as you will be spoilt for choice in the rental market and get yourself a very reasonable deal for that length of period. Just take a look at some of the options advertised around this site.

Good luck.

Ps. Why are so many Brits/Irish leaving Turkey, is life getting too difficult there being non-EU?

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Re: here i am

Postby houseman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:24 am

Moscow_Wolf wrote:Ps. Why are so many Brits/Irish leaving Turkey, is life getting too difficult there being non-EU?

I asked the same question not long ago and had some interesting replies, particularly from abracadabra:
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 94&start=0

Blanche

Postby Blanche » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:40 pm

thanks for all the welcome messages. am sure we will find the forum very informative. well actually i already have. quite a few people who have visited bulgaria and are already renting there have said there is a shortage of long term rental properties but it is nice to know i have been misinformed.

anyway am looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully when we come over we will be able to meet in person[/quote]

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Blanche wrote: quite a few people who have visited bulgaria and are already renting there have said there is a shortage of long term rental properties but it is nice to know i have been misinformed.

I think you will find plenty of long term rentals here, but maybe not in the right places and most likely not at the right price.
I have a base price for mine, but some people seem to want something for nothing :wink:

Nikki

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”