New Members in Dryanovo area

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

craigdhu

New Members in Dryanovo area

Postby craigdhu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Hello to all - we are not Bulgaria Newbies, having lived here full time for nearly 3 years, but it has taken us this long to join My Bulgaria! We have of course been reading it with interest and have found it very helpful in many ways. We are young retirees, like BG very much and also like to travel round getting to know the country.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:16 pm

A belated welcome. Can I take it from the user name that there is some Scottish connection ? :lol:

banshee
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby banshee » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi there and welcome to the Forum :D

Banshee

fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Welcome to MyB the pair of you... I too thought now that name reminds me of a favourite drink or beautiful Loch side campsite.

When we first arrived some two and half years ago, we stayed near to Dryanovo before moving to Mindya. We loved Market day and sometimes we take a run up, but not that often.

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:04 pm

We are over towards Kilifarevo area south of VT, but I'm sure you know the friendly faces at the Shell Garage there in Dryanovo and Stefan for changing your tyres - there's also an MOT centre just past Shell on the right to save you going to Gabrovo.
At least you have a CBA there now - plus the few Euro shops... :lol: :lol: Progress....

craigdhu

Postby craigdhu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:26 am

Thank you all for your welcome.

"Craigdhu" is the scottish connection, not we ourselves. It was the name of our house on the Moray Firth and means Black Hill. We then had a large black narrow boat, predictably called Black Swan, which we promptly changed to Craigdhu. It has stayed with us and we use it here where we overlook the Skalsko Cliffs!

We do indeed use the tyre garage on the main road, and have found a bodywork repairer near Gabrovo, occasioned by an idiot on the new Lidl car park who reversed into us.

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”