Just saying hi

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Badger1688

Just saying hi

Postby Badger1688 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Just wanted to say hi, am new to the site and wanting to retire to Bulgaria but still have a year or so to wait. Have been advised that the My Bulgaria site is a good place to start.

Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:43 pm

1. Welcome to the site.

2. Your advice is right.

3. Don't upset a Mod.

4. Mod is God.

Only kidding Mod, honest, pleeeeease. :D

RICO
Super User!
Super User!

just saying hi

Postby RICO » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:53 pm

hi badger1688,

you have been told right, this is a great site to get loads of good information and so avoid a lot of pitfalls.

welcome and good luck.

rico

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Hello and welcome badger1688! :smt039
The complete list of topics can be found by clicking on "My BG Forums" in the blue strip just below the main page header.
There are lots and lots of topics, and many thousands of posts, so yes, you are in the right place for advice, experience, opinions, and the odd laugh (intentional or otherwise!) :smt043
Happy forumming!

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Welcome to the site, yes it is a good site but you will probably reading all the threads until you retire :lol: if you cant find what you want to know then just ask.

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Badger1688.

Welcome to MYBG and good luck with your research, I think you're in the right place!

Cheers

BGCarl

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Just saying hi

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Badger1688 wrote:Just wanted to say hi, am new to the site and wanting to retire to Bulgaria but still have a year or so to wait. Have been advised that the My Bulgaria site is a good place to start.

Yes, it is a good place to start, but being here, is so much more realistic than being back home and just reading other people's experiences. I will repeat what I would say to anyone that intends to settle here; don't burn all your bridges in the UK, come out, RENT, take your time, find your piece of Bulgaria that suits your future lifestyle and give it a try. If it fits after 6 months or 18 months, only them decide to make it your home.

There are HUGE differences in the lifestyle, culture, language, laws, traditions to name but a few from what you're used to back home, BUT if you can see your way through all of that then, BULGARIA has a lot to offer.

Good luck and hope to see your future posts.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:34 am

Visit and spend as much time as you can before deciding anything, Use this forum but remember that the real world is sometimes different from the cyber-world.

Welcome to MYBG

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:36 am

Welcome Badger
You will find tons of valuable information here, however most of it will be different variations depending on the area the OP is in.

I agree with MW you need to actually come and live here for a spell before going for broke, but good luck with your research.

Nikki

Tip: Try using the search facility (which will drive you nuts!) or you might get into hot water with MOD! :wink:

dje

Postby dje » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am

Hi Badger1688

Welcome to MY BG

We moved to Bulgaria in 2007- let our house out in the UK before we decided to make the move permanent and sell our UK property.

As many other posters have said you need to find a place that suits your requirements - coast, mountain regions, a village inland or town etc. I would also recommend you visit at different times in the year.Winter can be quite harsh and bleak in some regions.

If you do decide on a village location then I would also suggest staying in a village - we have an annex that we let short-term just to give people who have never spent time in a village, an insight to village life, without feeling stranded!!. I am sure there will be other forum users in other locations of Bulgaria, you may be interested in, that can provide this - you also gain a lot of knowledge from their experiences in Bulgaria (and maybe some new friends along the way) to help you make the right decision for you.

Regards
dje

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”