My Turn to say hello

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Corax-Aurata

My Turn to say hello

Postby Corax-Aurata » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi I am in the UK and hubbie and I are looking to move to Bulgaria obviously its a big decision and I have already learnt much from here and other sites, will be visiting in the summer I hope then if its how I beleive it will get really serious....Looking forward to speaking with you all :)

MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Greetings Golden Raven.
Everything you need is on the site somewhere!, tho some of it not relevant until you get here.
Happy hunting.
regards

Pixi

Postby Pixi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi and welcome hope everything goes well for you in the summer.

Corax-Aurata

Thanks

Postby Corax-Aurata » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Wow Moonlight I have never had someone get my Screen Name before :D,

Thanks to Pixi and Moonlight for the welcome.

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Corax-Aurata
Welcome to My Bulgaria and good luck with your adventures this year.
Hopefully you have had a chance to read what members (including myself) say about actually living here and how we feel since making the move a permanent one.
Everyone is different and Bulgaria is a kind of love/hate place, although right not I'm in the middle :roll:
My only advice is to try it before you buy it.

Nikki

splodgebabae

Postby splodgebabae » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 pm

hi, and welcome.
i am very new to Bulgaria myself but have found it a very warm and welcome place. (warm once the snow leaves) i am lucky to be living close to many other brits so am finding my feet with help from others who are teaching me from their experiences. but overall hard at the beginning but worth it!! any questions i will be happy to help!

frosty

Postby frosty » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:03 am

hi and welcome,
if you are planning on a permanent move i would advise a trip over asap. my reason being that you need to be aware of winter weather. if you leave your trip until summer you may not get a realistic view of life in bg. i bought my house in january and it was good to see it covered in snow and how passable roads to the village are and how cold it can get. flights are really cheap at moment.
good luck :D

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:28 am

Hi Frosty
I agree with you, but seems it might be too late, spring has officially sprung here in Yambol!! woohoo :lol:
The best thing about coming in winter is you see it at its worst, meaning it gets better and gives you something to look forward to. If the rest of the year wasn't as nice as it is, we wouldn't be able to get through winter!
Having said that it could put you off for life :lol:

Nikki

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Corax-Aurata.

Welcome to MYBG and good luck with year search.

Cheers

BGCarl

frosty

Postby frosty » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

DANNIA wrote:Hi Frosty
I agree with you, but seems it might be too late, spring has officially sprung here in Yambol!! woohoo :lol:
The best thing about coming in winter is you see it at its worst, meaning it gets better and gives you something to look forward to. If the rest of the year wasn't as nice as it is, we wouldn't be able to get through winter!
Having said that it could put you off for life :lol:

Nikki
thats good to know as we should be hitting the road for the big move by end of the month...i also wonder if whilst i would not tell any one to buy first house they can, just how much prices may rise over the next year especially with the euro getting nearer

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”