Hi I'm looking to move near Byala, Rousse

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

jay66

Hi I'm looking to move near Byala, Rousse

Postby jay66 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy & move out to Bulgaria this summer & start a renovation project...
Does anyone live near Bosilkovtsi, near Byala, Rousse... I'd like to know a bit more about the area & villages, I'm planning to come over for a look round after Easter. Would like to hear from anyone who is renovating in the area so I can get advise as to the best place to get building materials from etc.. J

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi jay66 and welcome to the forums. Aside from any replies you get here if you type the key word 'Bosilkovtsi' into the forum 'Quick Search' facility you will return a few earlier threads mentioning this place!

Mod :wink:

Rainey280663
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Rainey280663 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:54 am

We have a place up in Svenenik near Ruse that is being renovated however having seen the builders renovating the house we live in we have left it to the bulgarian experts, unless your an expert builder I personally would get the builders in, our house has cost 20,000 euros to do but saying that they have been doing it for several months and it has had new everything, windows roof electrics water floors etc. Because its very different to renovating an old house in the UK, firslty old houses have mud floors so that needs dealing with and they do that with membranes and stones, secondly the old houses are mud bricks and they need to have wire put over them first......Thats with our mentioning the new roof you will probably need. I wish you luck with your project, and if I can help anymore please feel free to ask.

jay66

Postby jay66 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Rainey280663, thanks for the reply, I'm really looking forward to getting out there & have a look around. I'm looking for an old solid stone house so that will make the search a bit harder. I used to install Kitchens & bathrooms so updating them will be no problem. I'm not an expert builder but I have also built a few big extensions & dug out new & relaid concrete kitchen floors so am willing to give a full renovation a go, however I am willing to learn how things are done in Bulgaria & use local help & when I'm not sure I'll look to UK building regs.. Should be fun.... I hope !!

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 am

Welcome to the forum.
Have you considered Kragulevo? It's not that far away.
They are apparently desperate for people like you (see thread "Please inhabit this lovely village"
Best of luck. :wink:

atom
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby atom » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi not sure if we have spoken as people use different names on here i am in the ruse area
Thanks tom

bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi jay66.

Welcome to MYBG and good luck with your search around Ruse.

Cheers

BGCarl

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”